Not open for further replies.
DSC07873.jpg

DSC07870.jpg

DSC07874.jpg

DSC07872.jpg

DSC07880.jpg

DSC07878.jpg

DSC07875.jpg

Well, I used a hacksaw so that is why there are cuts in the media. When I first pulled it apart the first thing that came to my head is that this is a very well made media. This is the first filter I have opened.

The string was not tight on the media so it had no affect on the pleats. I could easily slide it up and down. The pleats did not move at all. If I did not hit them with the hacksaw I would assume that the pleats would have been perfectly spaced, ect..

It looked like it held together real well. Also that the media did a good job of filtering. I also did not find any debris or metal pieces so I assume there weren't any cold starts if any at all. ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pics.
thumbsup2.gif
Just curious was this one of the Pure Ones with gold texture or the blue? You seem satisfied with what you found. Would you buy a Pure One again? IMO, tough to beat for value.

Gold and yes. The Only concern I have is about flow, but Purolator told me the flow in the Pure One for a specific application is the same as the Purolator classic in the Same application.

I currently have a PureOne on my 03 Honda CRV that I will cut open after 5,000 miles. Didn't want the Honda FRAM filter installed on it when the dealer changed the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back