(CUT OPEN) Pro Motive #3614, 4,989 miles 07' focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Originally Posted By: sir1900
Instead of bashing Purolator, you should have instead told the customer that if he insists on using a cheap filter he needs to change it more frequently or step up to a better filter. Everyone here is amazed that a $2 jobber filter had a tear in the media after being on a car for 5k miles? Give me a break, if you don't take care of your equipment it is going to fail. Even the precious fram ultra.

This is not a reasonable argument because many oil change shops uses these jobber filters and most manufacturer-mandated OCIs today are at 5k minimum. What are people supposed to do? Go back to the quick lube place after 3k and have only the filter changed and not the oil?

What they should do is:
A) change their own oil and use better filters
B) have their oil changed by a shop that uses better filters
C) go to a shop where the mechanic cares enough to recommend they don't use $2 filters for so long
D) DONT USE CHEAP FILTERS SO LONG
*disclaimer: I'm not saying the OP isn't a fine mechanic. I'm sure he is. Nothing about this post is derogatory towards him. This is a general statement of automobile ownership.

You are grasping at straws in your defense of Purolator. Nobody is going to ask an oil change shop what filters they use, and even if they do, few know the difference between Brand A vs Brand B.

I think you need to sell your shares in Purolator.

If someone doesn't care enough to ask what filter is being installed on their vehicle, then they darn sure dont care about their vehicle in general or how it performs. Those that use jobber filters for 10k miles shouldn't complain when they tear.

I dont have any stock in Purolator. They dont hand out kickbacks or shares for giving positive reviews of their products on this website. I wonder if every manufacturer has the same code of ethics...?
confused.gif

I dont have any stock in Purolator. They dont hand out kickbacks or shares for giving positive reviews of their products on this website.

That's because Purolator knows nobody will believe you.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back