[Cut Open] Motorcraft FL400S (5,142 mi)

2FL400S1.jpeg

2FL400S2.jpeg

2FL400S3.jpeg

2FL400S4.jpeg

2FL400S5.jpeg

2FL400S6.jpeg

2FL400S7.jpeg

I had wiped it off earlier but did not really look at it.

It is fine, it has one spot that might best be described as a scuff... it is a little around from the FoMoCo... The media is draining and i'll post a picture of it and the scuff in a day or two.

Edit: I also noticed the new one has conventional flats vs the previously characteristic Motorcraft dome serrations (? is that what we are gonna call them) other than that and stickers vs paint it looked the same. we shall see in 9 months to a year I guess...

Looks good to me. Even the adbv slits I've seen on the 820S recently haven't been anything that would affect it's performance, in my judgement. 'Not excusing them though.'

As with all adbv slits/indentions seen, it's because the pressure from the compression spring ends up on central part of the adbv partially resting on part of inlet hole(s). A narrower adbv central portion resting only on solid part of plate would eliminate that. Topic adbv 'appears' somewhat narrower than several 820 posted recently.

Based on anecdotes posted including topic, excepting the 820, I'd not hesitate to use MC oil filters.

Thanks for c&p.

I am curious about the vehicle and how long the oil & filter were run here.
The FL400s is one of my go-to filters as well.

Looks good Robert, nice photos

You're Welcome of Course Adam.

Thanks for c&p.

Also welcome of course.

MC oil filters, the BEST oil filters on the market!
Thanks for the C&P.

That might be taking things a tiny bit too far ;) (what happened to the "hornets" smilie?)

You're also welcome.

(Seriously, the FL400S & 500S ones are fine).

Affirmative on the FL400S and FL500S

Long time fan of the FL-400s, seem to always look good and represent quite a value.

Like BOF, I have taken to mostly using Frams since all of them now have silicone ADBV's. :ROFLMAO:

I like the FL400S and FL500S too.

I have drifted away from the Frams. I really like the 7317 ones, but the few I used on this - I did not love.

I am curious about the vehicle and how long the oil & filter were run here.
The FL400s is one of my go-to filters as well.

Seems like that would not be too hard to figure out since most of it is written on the can, but you're in luck :)

Last edited:
Back