Cut open Kia 26300-35503

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter is built like a tank the shell feels thicker than a Royal Purple. Heavy base plate and the leaf spring is really rigid. I gave up on the bottom end cap as the glue is really strong.

20151204_140651_zpscmvfqtuo.jpg

20151204_130539_zpsit7kdwct.jpg

20151204_130614_zpsy8tt45v9.jpg

20151204_131430_zps0atizrpl.jpg

20151204_131423_zpssb11aqjp.jpg

20151204_131403_zpsqmmdqxg4.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm thinking !! Holy cow! I'm going to check and see if this size fits my car. I know who to go to buy one if you bought a pallet of them
smile.gif

The media is thick it almost seemed like it was two ply. Not only did it smell good unlike the Chinese ones which smell like oil. I was able to easily blow through the media. The can thickness and seam on the base plate are thick. One of the cases on the pallet had some damage. The filter box was crushed and I was surprised to only find a small dent in the can. Mann+Hummel Korea makes a stout filter.

Spot on analysis. The Hyundai/ Kia Hummel Mann Korea filters are very stout. I'm going by my local Hyundai to see what the price is on them. If less than $6 I'm buying them for my Altima. I will run them for 10k miles.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Spot on analysis. The Hyundai/ Kia Hummel Mann Korea filters are very stout. I'm going by my local Hyundai to see what the price is on them. If less than $6 I'm buying them for my Altima. I will run them for 10k miles.

Talk to your Hyundai/Kia parts manager. I bought a pack of 10 for $50.

Originally Posted By: bbhero

$5.70 at my local Hyundai dealer.

Here's a used one I dissected.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3903875/[CUT_OPEN]_Hyundai/Kia_OEM_Fil#Post3903875

The oil is pumped into the center hole, goes through the medium then goes "under" the end cap to the baseplate holes to the engine?

Is that right? Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
The oil is pumped into the center hole, goes through the medium then goes "under" the end cap to the baseplate holes to the engine?

Is that right? Kira

No, exactly the opposite actually. It enters the filter through the outer holes, goes through the media, then back into the engine through the center hole.

This goes on my Elantra. I love the quality. I wish the Motorcrafts were built this way.

That looks like a quality oil filter and look at the size of the oil holes on the center tube that looks like the flow would be great.. I prefer filters with larger oil holes like the kia and Hyundai filters. Flow is one of the most important things a filter can do. I wont buy the new purolater even if their quality improved because of their tiny center tube oil holes.

Originally Posted By: wgtoys
I'm pretty sure these are the exact same filter you can buy under the Auto 7 brand from Rockauto and others:

http://www.rockauto.com/info/404/012-0046__ra_p.jpg

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2411616&cc=1441278&jnid=463&jpid=13

$2.87 each plus shipping.

If the picture shows exactly what you get, it certainly appears that it actually is the OEM filter, maybe just in a different box or something. It's not even rebranded, it has the Hyundai/Kia branding and part number on it. I'm tempted to order some, but I'd hate to get them and find out that what's shown in the picture isn't exactly what you get.

The Auto 7 is a Hyundai / Kia filter. The OEM box just has an Auto 7 sticker on it. I purchased my "stash" from Rock Auto. Quite a bargain on a superb filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back