Cut open: ACDelco PF63 with 6,069 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ACDelco PF63 came off my 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L EcoTec3 V8. This is what the dealership used and is what the manual recommends. Oil was ACDelco Dexos1 0W-20 and in use for 6,069 miles from 4-30-14 to 7-15-14. I counted 56 pleats and can walls were 0.018" thick. Except for the seam, all pleats were straight and even. Baseplate was quite thick and heavy. Overall the filter looks like its constructed well. ADBV is most likely nitrile but was very pliable. I installed a Fram Ultra XG10575 but wouldn't be afraid to run this filter for the vehicles recommend OCI of about 7,500 miles (especially if it could be found on sale).

PF63_lable.jpg

PF63_can.jpg

pf63_pleats.jpg

PF63_inside.jpg

PF63_bottom.jpg

PF63_disassembled.jpg

Nice looking filter. It is my opinion that most of the AC Delco filters are good quality. Both the oil filters and the air filters seem to be well made.

Looks great. Couple things to note though. This is ACD Classic construction, not an ecore. And unlike Champ STP lower tier filters which use the same retainer spring shown to function as a 'clicker' bypass too (on the non ecore applications), this one has a separate dome end coil spring bypass. Clearly a superior design in all ways. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back