[Cut] AC PF47E Unknown miles/time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was pulled off our '01 Bonneville after my first OC. OLM said around 67% IIRC, witch could be 1,000 to 3,000 miles or so. Nothing really exciting here, but did catch some stuff.

Whole Gang:
ac1.jpg

Media:
ac2.jpg

ac3.jpg

Seam, the usual trouble spot of e-cores:
ac4.jpg

Media Out showing some junk:
ac5.jpg

Bottom of can, junk collected near drain hole cut:
ac6.jpg

Media measured out at 103 sq in.

Originally Posted By: walk23
Same design as a Fram.

No, Fram doesn't have a plastic center cage with gaping holes for media to blow through it uses a traditional metal center tube. Nor does it have a "combo" ADBV/bypass valve of questionable function. And the Fram's endcaps are rigid, the ecore's are floppy almost cloth like and they often come right off with a tug because they are not glued right.

Other than that they are the same though.
laugh.gif

This is a good looking ecore relatively speaking, I do like the amount of media they use and this one appears to be in really good shape. I think the AC Delco ecores may have more pleats than store brand cheapie ecore offerings.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Filter looks good. I have never had a problem with an E-Core filter. My jeep has always done well with the STP S8A. My old Altima ran better with an E-Core than any other filter. My Trailblazer is going to get an STP S3675 (same as a PF61E) next oil change. Run them with confidence.

Originally Posted By: salv
Filter looks good. I have never had a problem with an E-Core filter. My jeep has always done well with the STP S8A. My old Altima ran better with an E-Core than any other filter. My Trailblazer is going to get an STP S3675 (same as a PF61E) next oil change. Run them with confidence.

That's funny, even similar vehicles can be so individual. I tried an STP 8A on my Jeep and it made it exactly 6 days. Horrible start up rattle even though it was summer (I usually only deal with that when it's in the 30's and below) and the stupid thing was leaking to boot. Pulled it off and the media was already flattening in one spot, the precursor to media blow out.
frown.gif
Obviously I haven't used one since, glad they work for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back