customer states

There's a channel on YT called Just Rolled In. He does compilations of unusual repair videos.
Kind of amazing all the things he puts into one video.
Here's a sample:

There's 4 or 5 good oil change shots in there.
I think my favorite is "wheel bearing of fortune".

We've seen some strange/similar things too when I worked with my dad back in the 70's.

*I remember having to stick a screwdriver into the oil pan drain hole to move the sludge out of the way so that the remainder of what oil was left, could drain out.

*I've seen oil so coal blackish/gray that I couldn't believe it had anymore lubricating properties remaining.

*I've pulled more oil drain bolts only to find that nothing came out or only a drizzle, and the engine still ran quietly when the customer pulled in. I couldn't believe it!

*I've pulled more oil drain bolts only to find that nothing came out or only a drizzle, and the engine still ran quietly when the customer pulled in. I couldn't believe it!
Twice I had this happen when I worked at the lube shop, not a single drop. Both were early 2000's Hondas, couldn't tell anything was wrong when they came in.

Their possesion, their money. What is worse if they loose parts or control on the road and cause injury to others.
Then traded in … slimy car dealer does a 4 hour “haircut and shave” … as is no warranty …

Good deed attempted:
Clack-clack went a lady's engine in the Walmart parking lot.
I offered to check her oil. The dipstick was rust-welded in place and the handle came off in my hand.
Fearing liability (AND an old coot calling the cops in small town) I laid the handle down in a safe location and advised her to get an oil change asap.
If she didn't have a "bundt cake" she had the sauce for one.

When
Twice I had this happen when I worked at the lube shop, not a single drop. Both were early 2000's Hondas, couldn't tell anything was wrong when they came in.
In my case(the 1970s) they were the old American Iron with V8s.

However, when my daughter was a little girl growing up in the early 80s, her travel soccer coach only drove Honda's and one reason was this precisely. He would always tell stories about how often this happened to his cars(mostly Civic's).

They traveled so much for so many practices & soccer games that he never seemed to have time to get his oil changed. Often when he went into the shop for the OCI, the mechanic told him that almost nothing came out of the oil pan. But strangely the engines ran smooooooth & quiet. He'd get rid of the cars with 200K-250K miles on them.

Heck, I even put on over 340K miles on one particular '88 Accord(2bbl carb) during this same time but, I did my OCI by 5K miles. He(along with some of my other buddies) were some of the reasons that I started buying Honda's.

Back