Curry and fried egg over rice

The yolk was not cooked all the way through. Some of the brownish coloring you see is from paprika. If presentation is important I'll do it sunny side up and flip it over onto the hot curry before eating it! I don't care for runny yolks.

Reactions: JC1
The yolk was not cooked all the way through. Some of the brownish coloring you see is from paprika. If presentation is important I'll do it sunny side up and flip it over onto the hot curry before eating it! I don't care for runny yolks.

I asked if it was hard fried because that’s the only way I eat eggs. I can’t stand runny or soft yolks. That one looked hard at first glance.

I know I’m odd.

Guys, make a list how you'd like your eggs cooked and I'll accommodate you. As for eggs, if it's a soft-boiled egg I'm okay with a runny yolk, but not with runny egg white. I like fried eggs medium over. I don't like rubbery eggs. Scrambled eggs must be made with a lot of butter, must be soft, and are best with some crème fraîche added. If I cook for myself I couldn't care less how it looks.

I asked if it was hard fried because that’s the only way I eat eggs. I can’t stand runny or soft yolks. That one looked hard at first glance.

I know I’m odd.
Naw, you're not odd. I know quite a few people who don't eat eggs and it's not like they have an egg allergy. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Naw, you're not odd. I know quite a few people who don't eat eggs and it's not like they have an egg allergy. We all have our likes and dislikes.

It is a interesting quandary for me. Restaurants typically cannot cook a hard fried egg properly for me so I go with scrambled or a omelette. However, the last ten years or so there has been this trend to serve scrambled eggs on the runny side so now I have to order scrambled eggs fully cooked. I think it started with some Food Network chefs.

In Japan when I ordered ramen, if it included egg I just asked for no egg or selected ramen without egg.

I like that kind of fried eggs, I like curry, but I'd skip the cheese and use jasmine or balsamic rice.

I also hate runny scramble egg, or scramble egg with butter. I like mine crispy scramble on the outside and still steaming hot and fluffy (fully cooked but bouncy) on the inside. Even better with a slice of seared spam, with ramen.

In a Waffle House I watched as the chef continually whisked scrambled eggs in the pan over heat reducing them to dry little beads.
'Twas exactly what the customer ordered.
Never seen that since.

Back