Current flavors at my local Walmart and prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting some new tires and was bored so I snapped a few pics of what oil flavors are offered at out local walmart. I only focused on the 5qt jugs, prices and pics below.
My interest in what walmart stocks has grown the last few weeks ever since they've been changing up inventory. I am very disappointed to no longer see Pennzoil Ultra anymore but at the same time excited that Mobil 1 0w-40 is in 5qt jugs now. I buy my oil exclusively at walmart because I usually don't like the oil filters that come in the weekly deals at AZ, AAP, etc. I only use Purolator Synthetic, Napa Platinums, or FRAM Ultras.

prices_zps2bb9a18b.png

IMG_0683_zpsdf1fecd2.jpg

IMG_0684-1_zpsc277d722.jpg

IMG_0686_zpsac1ede1a.jpg

IMG_0687_zps89a8d9bd.jpg

IMG_0688_zps1290907f.jpg

IMG_0689_zps7171e701.jpg

IMG_0690_zpsc74d58fe.jpg

IMG_0691_zpsad6d1eff.jpg

IMG_0693_zpsc9c82ce0.jpg

IMG_0697_zpsd5f23b50.jpg

IMG_0698_zps82ab8f3d.jpg

Dang it! Your pics just confirmed that my local WMT switched their Supertech line from Warren to Citgo. The bottles here look different from yours over there, which was available here last year. Warren's Supertech reduced my oil consumption better than the oil I had before (PYB) and the one I'm using now (Mag1).

Thanks for posting.

You put a lot of work into that. I'm sure the security camera viewers thought you were the competition comparing prices.

Intriguing that there is not more 0w20. My local Walmart just did a refresh as well, and now there is Valvoline SynPower, PP, and M1 0w20.

You did what I did but I never posted it because I never finished it. The only difference is that Mobil 5000 Oil was a dollar more.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
That energy drink and Regane sorta slipped in there...

GearheadTool, is that you???
lol.gif

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Originally Posted By: DinoOil
OMG! We've got another one here with no life.... Sad.

So because one in heavily invested in ICE's and lubricants as a hobby means they have no life? Seems like you have no life or hobby by making comments like this.

Originally Posted By: DinoOil
OMG! We've got another one here with no life.... Sad.

This is true. But to be honest it took me 3 mins to snap the pics on my phone and probably only 10 mins to go through the pics and get the prices entered into excel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
WOW you guys have Maxlife synthetic!!!!!!

Too bad no PU though

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about the PU.

Stopped in at the local WM this evening. Hadn't been in for a while, but I was anxious to see if they had a clearance on Pennz Ultra.
The only Ultra left was some misc. quart bottles. New to the line up was quart bottles of Royal Purple. Havoline HM was available in 5 qt jugs. Lastly, Pennz Plat was available in 0w/20, quart and 5 quart containers. Now, if they could get it in 0w/30, we would be in business.

I stopped by today to pick up PYB5w20 and the first jug I picked up had been opened! Now, being an avid reader here made me pick up another jug and check it's seal. It was good so I took the opened jug to the customer service counter.

They had great prices on all the oil not on the shelves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back