Current fill/filter and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
....And there are obviously some crossovers, since many Chrysler and Ford filters are also Purolator filters......
I recall from the oil filter forum a couple years back that Champion makes the factory Motorcraft filter that is installed on the new cars, but all other Motorcraft filters are made by Purolator.

Saturn: RLI 5W-30, Motorcraft FL-400 filter; so I only have to change the oil annually and to test the bio-based oil.

Mitsu: Amsoil 10W-40, Purolator Pure One filter; again, annual oil changes (the local guy only had 10W-40, so I ordered 5W-30 for the next change from GA).

Dodge: Valvoline Max-Life 5W-30/10W-40 blend, Pure One filter, so the body falls apart before the drive train. Change oil annually, only put about 3k miles a year. The body is going fast.

See Signature.
Use OEM Nissan filter. Got a lot cheap through an online dealer and test show only more expensive ones work any better.

I am always searching for the best synthetic for the lowest price. I only recently switched to M1EP (for $2 more a jug than regular M1 why not?). My 1st UOA will be almost 6000k (6 months) away. That will help me decide if I will stay with M1 EP or switch to something cheaper and/or better.

Was thinking about jumping the PP bandwagon, but missed out on all the BOGO. Plus for the pricing so close and no data saying which one performs better, I'll just wait until someone enlightens me.

I've been a Kendall user for the last 28 years. Currently, both my 03 Yukon and my 06 Subaru use 5W30.
I use Pure One filters. Bought a case for each vehicle when Advance Auto put the blue cans on sale because they were replaced by the new grippy ones.
Oil gets changed every 6,000 miles or 6 months. Every change gets UOA.

'97 Honda Accord EX F22-B2 - PP 5W-30 w/ WIX 51568
'99 Toyota Camry V6 1MZ-FE - PP 5W-30 W/ M1-209

Both filters are oversize and mobil 1 doesn't make an equivalent to the 51568. Mobil 1 filters are the best filters available over the counter, WIX second.
5W-30 is the spec. for both cars.
PP is the best 5w-30 that can be bought over the counter. It's not the best oil, but I think in that grade it excels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back