Current dealer pricing

So I live in the wonderful state of New Jersey. Dealer pricing over the last 2+ years had been crazy. Over MSRP or walk. Wife put a deposit on a new car that the dealer preordered. Should be here end of January beginning of February. Dealer is offering at MSRP. That was an amazing deal in the recent past. Is it still good today? Dealers still do not have new stock yet and they pretty much sell their cars before they arrive or very soon after. Just curious if below MSRP is back yet? I will try my best to get something for nothing but wondering if I will be wasting my time

Don

Local Toyota dealer I went add 3500$ to MSRP plus what ever factory installed option for example 1100$ for appearance package etc.
And to wait 4-8 weeks for delivery and who knows what else to add when your on their financing office? Like extended warranty,maintainnance package etc. Easy 7-8k compare to the old day's.These car is corolla or rav4 imagine if like highlander,sienna,tacoma etc or what ever hybrid model they have. Maybe 2023 will look again.

Chevy is knocking off $500-$1500 off right now (Red Tag promotion) Of course, that still begs the question if that is off of MSRP... or is that ultimately off whatever the dealer is asking...?

My local dealer had red tags in the windshields showing a number that was indeed $500 off of MSRP on their 2022 2.7 turbo Silverados. That said, who knows if the price shown on the tag actually means anything or not.

Last edited:
I can't imagine there's a short-term incentive for a dealer to discount vehicles if the inventory is moving as you describe. It won't hurt to ask for a discount, but if you're not willing to walk in response to a hard "no" you really don't have any leverage and the dealer knows that.

A local Jeep dealer has JLU Rubicons $7,500 over MSRP, they call it a market adjustment price. IIRC there's a dealer down south that is discounting them to the point where it would pay to order it online and have it transported here. It would still be thousands less. IMO the nonsense will stop and the dealers will be sharpening their pencils again.

Guessing MSRP is where it’s at now. If you dig and spend the time like always can find some dealers somewhere further out willing to discount. Just takes time and effort.

My local dealer had red tags in the windshields showing a number that was indeed $500 off of MSRP on their 2022 2.7 turbo Silverados. That said, who knows if the price shown on the tag actually means anything or not.
It seems they soft-launched this motor. Who wants to admit it's a 4 cyl full size truck? Bet it sits on some really soft motor mounts to hide the thumping. They're already putting money on the hood so I smell a turkey, or maybe it just hasn't found its market yet. Or maybe they need the CAFE credits.

Local Ford dealer is offering $1500 or so off on an Escape SEL list price, but the price is still $40k. On an Escape? Really? Is that what the market has come to now?

You can buy the ugly turd 2022 Ford Escape for $3K off MSRP in my area. Every dealer has tons of them on their lots.

You can buy the ugly turd 2022 Ford Escape for $3K off MSRP in my area. Every dealer has tons of them on their lots.
Seen very few on the roads-probably because they are indeed ugly. They made it ugly as not to compete against the Bronco. That's the working theory.

Well it is as I thought. Thanks for the answers. Was hoping things settled some but I guess not. I figured MSRP was pretty good these days. I will ask for a discount or maybe free accessories. Can't hurt I guess. We are in no way walking. Wife doesn't need a car but she really wants the new one. Thanks again. Happy New Year all

Don

Back