Curious---Who sells the Fram Extended Guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my area, I have yet to see one in Pep Boys, O'Reilley's, or the K-Mart. High Mileage and OCOD Frams are all over the place in these same stores. I wonder if the Extended Guard is just out-competed around here by Bosch, Mobil, Royal Purple, and other high-end filter lines.

Any folks, especially those in Southern California, know who sells these the most?

I understand it is a robust filter, but posters here often say the competing lines are a better deal for the money.

Walmart and Amazon.com. The latter usually has them cheaper especially if you have their "Super Saver" shipping or buy $25+ worth of products (free shipping).

Amazon is worth keeping an eye on for filters, last week WIX filters were $5.15. Prices change all of the time.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the EG, HM and Tough Guard filters? Only seen the EG at Walmart but seen the TG and HM at Pep boys.

My Walmart sells the Extended Guard for $8.97. They now have the Bosch DP for $11.97. It's a no brainer what filter I would choose for extended OCI's.

Quote:
My Walmart sells the Extended Guard for $8.97. They now have the Bosch DP for $11.97. It's a no brainer what filter I would choose for extended OCI's.

OT True, but there is a $5 rebate on up to four BD+'s until 10/29.

Also if one lives near an Advance, buys four BD+ using a $20 off $50 online code/in store pick up and then add the $5 rebate, makes the BD+ ~$3.50 each plus stamp.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:

OT True, but there is a $5 rebate on up to four BD+'s until 10/29.

Also if one lives near an Advance, buys four BD+ using a $20 off $50 online code/in store pick up and then add the $5 rebate, makes the BD+ ~$3.50 each plus stamp.

Oh, yeah, totally scored on that already!
thumbsup2.gif

4 BD+ filters waiting for extended intervals to come. I'm set for at least 30,000 in oil filters, or 2 years in other words, minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back