Curbed 4 month old tire.

20s on the 4runner , is there a chance it could be saved or oder a new one asap , thanks guys.
20210523_180324.jpg
20210523_180925.jpg
20210523_180930.jpg
20210523_181015.jpg

This tire is done.

If it makes you feel any better, I killed a tire within 10 minutes of leaving a tire shop recently. It hurt.
Especially if it was on your Q5 and you have the S-line trim (or the 20" wheel package w/ low profile tires)... We had one for a minute. Last set of tires I put on it were the most expensive I've ever put on a vehicle by almost 3x.

Especially if it was on your Q5 and you have the S-line trim (or the 20" wheel package w/ low profile tires)... We had one for a minute. Last set of tires I put on it were the most expensive I've ever put on a vehicle by almost 3x.
19" on wife's Q5. Almost $250 per tire mounted and balanced.

As far as road hazard warranties, look into the fine print - some of them will only cover puncture repairs up to about $40 max, but they will not pay for a brand new replacement if the tire is not repairable.

Where did you buy the tires. If discount tire, you get a free prorated road hazard even if you don't buy the certificates.

The prorated is based on tread depth, 1/2 the original tread depth, 1/2 the original price is credited. The certificates are difference and 100% credit until 3/32" or so or X years (4 years maybe)

You might inquire with Michelin itself if the tire is safe to drive on. They will certainly say no but you never know if the person on the other side doesn't want to see a report of a blown Michelin and offer some kind of discount on the replacement. Longshot but I've seen it a few times.

This is michelin directly no the place you got it unless it was discount tire.

I had a stone cut right on the edge of the tread on brand new Michelins (less than 1000 Km on the car). I know it was a stone cut because the stone was still in the cut - like an arrow head.

I took it to the Michelin dealer and (surprisingly) they repaired it. That tire wore out with the rest of the set.

But I don't think anyone would repair the tire you're showing us. I don't think I'd even keep it as a spare.

Where did you buy the tires. If discount tire, you get a free prorated road hazard even if you don't buy the certificates.

The prorated is based on tread depth, 1/2 the original tread depth, 1/2 the original price is credited. The certificates are difference and 100% credit until 3/32" or so or X years (4 years maybe)

You might inquire with Michelin itself if the tire is safe to drive on. They will certainly say no but you never know if the person on the other side doesn't want to see a report of a blown Michelin and offer some kind of discount on the replacement. Longshot but I've seen it a few times.

This is michelin directly no the place you got it unless it was discount tire.
I got them at tirerack, I can't wait around for long to see if they can fix it, I have a trip this weekend and rather be safe.

When I was younger I had a route that always punctured tires with nails. Some would get in the treads, some would slice the sides. This set of tires had 70,000 miles on them when we sold the car, still at half tread. Each tire had between 4-6 plugs in it. I found epoxy did a good job of holding side gashes like that together as long as it was only rubber damage. I’d glue them with no air in them so the seams were tight, then fill them up.

nowadays with a stable income, I’d replace it and move on. That’s a pretty big booboo. Especially if it was my wife’s or child’s. Good call on your part.

Back