Curb rash... Please help!

My wife curbed the left rear wheel on her 3week old ES350. Took it to the dealer who had a wheel repair guy who came once a week specifically for wheel repairs and he fixed it to as good as new. To this day I can’t tell which wheel he repaired. (y)
I think Lexus charges about $200 or so. Probably more depending on degree of damage.
There is a mobil guy arounf here that is supposed to be pretty good.
I imagine I will meet him one of these days...

Hard to believe... I ran it through the carwarsh it and it looks FAR better! Lexus does not sell wheel touch up paint... So I went to O'Reilly and bought some. Very dark gray metallic. I have not done the repair. I will clean it well and slop paint everywhere.
View attachment 97727
View attachment 97731
View attachment 97728
That inner fender liner has been knocked out of place, plus the fender edge is creased. Did your neighbor smack the front clip? The wheel is one thing but tweaking body parts would anger me!

Scott

That inner fender liner has been knocked out of place, plus the fender edge is creased. Did your neighbor smack the front clip? The wheel is one thing but tweaking body parts would anger me!

Scott
Beat me to it! Was going to mention that.

Scott
Don't ask. It wasn't me, that's all I'm saying. I suoulda moved the scratch up to the top.
Let's just say I love this car. Gonna fix it.

Scott
+1
You sure it hasn't been in a wreck/totaled off before your ownership?

I know you said you decided to fix the wheel on your own, but I'd suggest going ahead and spending the $$$ and getting that wheel fixed by a wheel repair/refinisher.

That's too nice of a car to go cheap.

+1
You sure it hasn't been in a wreck/totaled off before your ownership?
I'm sure. The inner fender damage was from a flying piece of truck tire tread.
The GS was owned by the Lexus dealership GM before I got it.
Does this car looked wrecked to you?
gs350 back.jpg

I'm sure. The inner fender damage was from a flying piece of truck tire tread.
The GS was owned by the Lexus dealership GM before I got it.
Does this car looked wrecked to you?
View attachment 97770
That wheel well plastic is thin, and isn’t very strong at that mount. There’s probably 2 about 6” apart. Mine is torn from its previous life too. You may be able to soften it some with a heat gun and coax it back into place. Mine is torn, but now that it’s accustomed to being back in its home, it’s behaving.

Went to OReilly and picked up Dupli-Color Pen. Has pen, brush,color and clear coat. They had a Totota Midnight Grey Pearl, or something like that. Was gonna use the Dremel Tool to smooth things out a little, but it was at our Petaluma house. Came out about as good as my crooked photography, as @PimTac pointed out. There is a really good Wheel Repair in the Valley in case I want it done right.

From 5 feet it looks fine. Sorta... What's a poor boy to do? Anyways, I will dress the tires and it will be ready for the next loaner!
PXL_20220426_230638545.jpg
PXL_20220426_230653753.jpg
PXL_20220426_230740697.jpg

Last edited:
Back