Crystal oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he means it's sludge that's dried up, like graphite or charcoal powder. Not gooey like "normal" sludge. Some kind of overheating problem?

Crystal oil? Is that something like Crystal Pepsi? Anyone remember that stuff? All nice and clear..and tasted like runny corn syrup!

Could it be they think he didn't change the oil/filter? I think a good starting point would be documentation to show maintenance was within warranty requirements.

Sorry, I meant to post the link.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/threads/113680.phtml#968008

I told the guy to obtain the actual pick-up screen from the dealer as well as get the explaination in writing why the warranty was denied. Surprise, the moment he said that to them, they decided to honour the extended sludge warranty.
rolleyes.gif

An guy on AudiWorld is having warranty issues where his 1.8t has a clogged oil pick-up screeen (no surprise). What is a surprise is the dealer is claiming it's not sludged, rather it has "crystalized oil" on the p/u screen and is not eligble for coverage. Further, others are speaking to him of "crystal oil" like it's common. Anyone know what this is, as I would not expect hydrocarbons to "crystalize" at sump temps and pressures.
dunno.gif
Diamonds in your engine, nah.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 55:
Crystal oil? Is that something like Crystal Pepsi? Anyone remember that stuff? All nice and clear..and tasted like runny corn syrup!

Yeah I remember it, I also remember that taste it had. I would rather drink a bottle Havoline...it might not taste good, but I will get my daily dose of moly
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back