CRV Tensioner Choices

My son's 2004 CRV w/ 185K is time to replace the tensioner. I look at the OEM stuff but prices are almost 3 times the choices from Rack Auto.

The attach file is a list of what is available, I was leaning towards INA tensioner if it is the same company that makes the stuff for my Volvo's.

The other option was Dayco!

Attachments

• CRV-IMG_7464.JPG
    CRV-IMG_7464.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 71
My son's 2004 CRV w/ 185K is time to replace the tensioner. I look at the OEM stuff but prices are almost 3 times the choices from Rack Auto.

The attach file is a list of what is available, I was leaning towards INA tensioner if it is the same company that makes the stuff for my Volvo's.

The other option was Dayco!
The INA is good. Made in Canada.

INA is OE supplier for a lot of euro makes hence the comparatively early replacement interval. I think the idler pully on my N55 (55-59k miles) has been acting up

Ditto anything other than OE but that is the risk (if you want to call it that) using aftermarket parts but I just didn't pull the INA recommendation out of thin air without some personal experience and doing a little research, the pulley INA offers is also made in Canada so I would take the chance the one installed on the tensioner is the same.
Nothing is 100%, the bearing in the one I just recently installed from them was made in Canada, thats not to say every bearing is that way but unless you are buying in person you wont know.

I think even some of the latest OEM parts for older car, the cars are often made in CHINA!
Without a doubt, many major companies have set up manufacturing in China, they are the world biggest car market. Schaeffler who makes FAG and INA does manufacture bearings in China and many other countries at their own plants not reboxed junk.

I just installed a tensioner pulley on a 2009 CRV, this weekend. The new Chinese bearing was no good out of the box, so it was a good thing I noticed prior to the installation. I never used this brand before, but I remember it came in a green box, so I called the supplier and asked them to order me a brand name and I received a Dayco, it was much better.

Last edited:
HI, Daughter's 2004 CR-V has 145,000 mi. I replaced Tensioner w/ Dayco 89321 got it for $24 on Amazon back in 2015 when it had 90,000 miles. Used the Dayco belt too, got at AutoZone "lifetime" warranty.

I like Litens if you can get one, but they usually don't sell under their own brand name.
Litens does a lot of OEM work as well. For the Toyota UZ engines, the Lexus car version uses a Aisin tensioner(-500xx P/N), the truck 2UZ uses a Litens or Magna one made in Canada.

I know Goodyear reboxed Litens tensioners at one point in time.

Back