Cruze Transmission Input Speed Sensor

Located inside the transmission. Im getting my affairs in order to put a new one in. Anyone ever done one of these before? Little six speed auto attached to a 1.4 turbo.

Not a terribly bad job.....You'll need a good 1/4" drive Inch Pound torque wrench.

Be sure to line up the Manual Valve when reinstalling the Valve Body & make sure to NOT pinch the OSS harness under the Valve Body.

Not a terribly bad job.....You'll need a good 1/4" drive Inch Pound torque wrench.

Be sure to line up the Manual Valve when reinstalling the Valve Body & make sure to NOT pinch the OSS harness under the Valve Body.
Thanks for the good advice! The shop manual advises changing seals on fluid level control valve, 1-2-3-4 clutch fluid passage seal and reverse-low clutch passage seal. I’ve seen the whole control valve assembly online, no dice on the other seals. Do you think the local dealer could obtain for me? (Do they really need changed?)

I've always replaced them, Your local dealer should have the parts in stock. Most wholesale trans parts outfits will want to sell you a complete Paper & Rubber kit.....Unless they have the same individual AC-Delco seals dealers sell.

Do they NEED replaced?.....To many variables too answer that with confidence!

Well, put in new sensors…no improvement. Rolled the dice and installed OE GM tcm/solenoid unit thinking that could be the only other logical probable issue. Problem solved, tranny working perfect. After I did all of this I read on GM tech subscription which blade on ISS plug is supposed to have voltage from TCM. I’m betting if I had checked that the first time it would have saved me the trouble of having to take apart transmission (and of course everything around it) twice. But at least its done. Anyway, if you get a P07BF code from tranny and its in limp home mode be very suspicious of TCM. Whoever decided to put it inside the transmission where its bathed in searing hot oil has a special place waiting for them in you know where.

Back