Cruze crunched

wwillson

Staff member
The Cruze got rear-ended by a large SUV going about 20 MPH. Thank goodness nobody got hurt.

The body shop estimate came back right at $9000, but the car is probably worth about $5000 since it has 155,000 miles. I’m sure the insurance company will declare the car to be totaled, write a check for the value and walk away.

Any advice on how to handle the other driver’s insurance company?

How appropriate that there is a don’t text and drive sticker on the back bumper.

D161232E-8042-4F74-BEF4-6D607A859CD4.jpeg

dont settle too fast.. and they will try to drag it out for months.

find mint condition ones for comparables to fight their comparables.

Not an ambulance chaser recommendation...... IF you have any type of soreness the next day or two, I always recommend visiting your doctor to get it on record in case more serious problems develop over the next weeks or months. Damage can occur to your body that doesn't show up immediately.

Glad you are good.

See what transpires as insurance companies vary widely: research fair market value locally. If you have full coverage you can get an offer from your own insurance along with other driver company. Your insurance simply passes the your payout to the other company so no rise in insurance.

Most important is that you are OK.

You can deal with their insurance or you can let your insurance deal with them.
Whatever works best for you.

It will not drag out.... they should be paying for a rental for you... they will want you out of it ASAP.

Negotiating value can vary by state.
In TX we are allowed to negotiate..... lots of states go by a preset value.
I cant remember what its called, but a quick google should get you started.

If the damage estimate exceeds 75% of the value of the car most insurers total the car. If you still have the car in your possession clean the seats. Insurers will ding you for fabric stains on the upholstery or anything else they can get away with to lowball your settlement.

Back