Croftgate Products ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience / Opinions ? They get a lot of hype on some other forums - for the price, I'd like to hear some other opinions.

I bought their sample kit a couple of years ago.
Most of the products in the kit I did like. Their
detail spray was real nice. It would be worth it for
you to try their kit.

I also bought the sample kit and found the products just okay, nothing to write home about. They did work but no better than existing products I had in stock. That was years ago and I still have a half bottle or more of each. I was not overly impressed.

I'm mainly interested in their "Quick-n-Slick" spray (polymer) wax ($29.95 /btl) and "Project X 'Shine Enhancer" ($34.95 /btl.) The "Project X" isn't in the Sampler Pack, and I'd need better recommendations than these to spend $65 total for the two I'd like to try.

If you're in doubt about a spray wax then you should just read more reviews on brands other than Croftgate. I've tried lots of boutique small batch brands and many of them fall short of the big names.

This is especially true with spray waxes. Besides Ultimate Spray Wax I find Eagle One's Wax As U Dry to be pretty darn good. These are after all companies that have the capital to actually invest in the research and custom chemicals needed to formulate the best stuff.

Let me clue you in on a little secret that a lot of pro detailers already know, don't buy those boutique brands. The detailers that swear up and down about them usually either have a special deal going on to promote a particular brand or are just trying to seem exclusive to self promote. Many of these small batch brands simply buy bulk chemicals from a manufacturer like Car Brite and rebottle in a fancy bottle and have slick websites to sell it. At most they buy enough to be able to specify a few parameters of their products like increasing the wax and silicone concentration, changing the scent, small stuff really. But if you look into it lots of localities seem to have these small batch guys and they always seem to specialize in spray products. It's because you can get them in bulk very easily.

http://www.carbrite.com/products/Car-Brite-Select/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qwertydude
If you're in doubt about a spray wax then you should just read more reviews on brands other than Croftgate. I've tried lots of boutique small batch brands and many of them fall short of the big names.

This is especially true with spray waxes. Besides Ultimate Spray Wax I find Eagle One's Wax As U Dry to be pretty darn good. These are after all companies that have the capital to actually invest in the research and custom chemicals needed to formulate the best stuff.

Let me clue you in on a little secret that a lot of pro detailers already know, don't buy those boutique brands. The detailers that swear up and down about them usually either have a special deal going on to promote a particular brand or are just trying to seem exclusive to self promote. Many of these small batch brands simply buy bulk chemicals from a manufacturer like Car Brite and rebottle in a fancy bottle and have slick websites to sell it. At most they buy enough to be able to specify a few parameters of their products like increasing the wax and silicone concentration, changing the scent, small stuff really. But if you look into it lots of localities seem to have these small batch guys and they always seem to specialize in spray products. It's because you can get them in bulk very easily.

I tend to agree. I don't use boutique products as a rule, usually because they're insanely expensive. Some of these waxes are pushing $100 for a small jar - how darn good could it possibly be ? For FLAPS, I've always gotten good results with Meguire's products. I've also heard good recommendations for ARDEX, which are more "to the trade" but are available in my area. I may try them next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back