critic this brewing method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to what is the worse that could happen. I tried this method a couple of weeks ago and the wort/fermenting and everything else seems normal. Shaved off about an hour of brewing time, which was the reason for trying this method out in the first place. This is for extracts only.

Steep the grains, 1/2 to 1 pound depending on recipe, in about one gallon of water at 160.
Crank up my water heater. After the 20 minutes of steeping, dump the tea into my clean primary bucket. I have a hose/nozzel set up at my kitchen sink. Run the water until it gets really hot, then start filling the primary bucket. When primary is about 1/2 full, dump my LME or DME in it while constantly stirring. Continue to fill primary while stirring until it reaches 6 gallons. Then take the primary and dump into the keggle and proceed as usual to boiling, then hops addition, 50 minutes.
I know this probably won't win any type of awards, but should be able to produce a decent beer, eh?? Sure knocked off a lot of time prepping, cleanup and just made things a lot neater in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back