Creamed chipped beef on toast

My kids love it. We just use the budding lunch meat beef and the gravy is just the normal flour and milk gravy. Sometimes I get the Armour dried beef but that gets salty fast if you salt the gravy like you normally would.

We always have canned beef I could use but have never done that yet.

I could warm up to a gourmet version of SOS. Golden-brown toasted seeded multigrain toast, chipped filet mignon, a delicious cream sauce made with crème fraîche and wild mushrooms. Now that's the kind of SOS I'll want to eat. I knew a girl once who made a variant of SOS. A can of Chicken a la King over toast. This relationship did not last.

One of the great breakfasts. Had plenty of it in the military.

As kids we used to go shopping with our folks on Saturdays and that included a visit to a meat market. When the butcher saw us kids he would give us all a slice of chipped beef. It was a big seller back in the 50’s-60’s. They had a whole tray of it in the case. That stuff, set on toast with cream gravy was just the best.

The military had the small chunk style. Who knows what kind of meat that was? At least it wasn’t chicken which we had pretty much daily thanks to President Carter.

I could warm up to a gourmet version of SOS. Golden-brown toasted seeded multigrain toast, chipped filet mignon, a delicious cream sauce made with crème fraîche and wild mushrooms. Now that's the kind of SOS I'll want to eat. I knew a girl once who made a variant of SOS. A can of Chicken a la King over toast. This relationship did not last.
😂🤣

Back