creaking bmw door seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you may know many BMW cars have a soft rubber gasket trimmed with the interior color and materials on each door. The gasket is one piece and press fits around the inner doorframe.

I found today that when you press on the gasket it slightly moves and squeaks/creaks in some places. I sprayed a synthetic lubricant (I used Super Lube), on the doorframe area under the gasket and pressed the gasket back in place. Afterwards it did not squeak when I pressed on it.

Not sure if this is any help. However, it seemed to help my car with noisy door seals. This is in addition to my periodic application of BMW gummi-pflege (rubber protectant) on the seals.

Good luck.

1995 525iA, M50TU-USA, E.A.T chip, 1/95 build, 225/60/15 Bridgestone Turanza LS-H tires, 15" OEM cross spoke wheels, ASC+T, BMW-Alpine remote/Alarm, OBC, full leather/wood, heated seats, BMW Alpine 5 radio/BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, 115k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

A stag tallow stick prevents squeaking and freezing of rubber seals to the doors. Never seen that stuff in the US. ChapStick might work as well.
wink.gif

Gummi Pflege rubber protectant is no longer sold in the US by BMW dealers. They stopped selling it about 18 months ago. Apparently some environmental reason.

IMO, nothing works better on door gaskets. It was a gel like clearish compound that was absorbed into the rubber making it very pliable. Not sticky or greasy.

AndyH.

Sorry, IMO, it is not as good as the gel like gummi-pflege. When I use 1Z I really have to soak the rubber and still it does not quite condition as well as BMW gummi pflege.

Also, BMW gummi pflege did not come in a plastic bottle, it was available in a tootepaste like tube. There are differences. I use both.

Russell, good info...thanks for posting. I certainly didn't mean to mislead anyone with my 1Z recommendation. I only have personal experience with the BMW Gummi-Pflege and I haven't used the 1Z version. I came across the 1Z product in my car-detailing supply "hunt" and figured I'd throw it out there as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back