CRC Intake and valve cleaner and/or fuel injector cleaner skew UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about ready to do a UOA on my 3.3L santa fe. It's at 129k kms. At 125k I did the first intake valve cleaning ever on it. It smoked like a bigger but it does seem to have improved the cold idle and performance a bit. Not sure how much, maybe just a placebo. At the same time I also put some gumout fuel system cleaner in her with a tank of premium, whereas I normally run regular.

Anyways, about 4k later and I'm ready to do the oil change and send in a UOA. Question being will the past cleaning skew a UOA to the point that I should skip it this time? I was also considering doing it once more just before the oil change and then every subsequent 20k going forward. Maybe skip this cleaning and take the UOA? Just don't want to waste money on a contaminated inaccurate sample.

My opinion is that it doesn't matter but it's just that, an opinion.
You'll hear 6 other different opinions on what to do here.
It matters, it doesn't matter, blah blah blah....

In the end, you'll still have to make your own decision.

Originally Posted by jbutch
My last UOA sample was taken 200 miles after a CRC treatment, it didn't change anything compared to the other UOA.

Edit:link to the UOA in question

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Didn't bother mine.

Thanks guys. I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm glad to see there's some actual evidence to show it didn't matter. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

NOTHING short of a mechanical removes DI valve deposits but cleaners can help injectors thats why some manufacturers are quietly adding port to DI as not to alert former buyers to the short comings of DI only, its not IF but WHEN carbon will cause issues, so the longer you own it the worse it gets!

The stuff works really well, BUT, not the vacuum hose method. I warmed mine up, sprayed the valves, let it sit 10, spray, sit spray...an hour later, the carbon deposits were cut by 80%. Didn't touch anything.

Originally Posted by benjy
NOTHING short of a mechanical removes DI valve deposits but cleaners can help injectors thats why some manufacturers are quietly adding port to DI as not to alert former buyers to the short comings of DI only, its not IF but WHEN carbon will cause issues, so the longer you own it the worse it gets!

That's not accurate but if it helps you sleep better at night don't let me stop ya from believing it. ...

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by benjy

That's not accurate but if it helps you sleep better at night don't let me stop ya from believing it. ...

Agreed. But I wasn't about to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back