Crazy Ivan - Russian 6 vs 2 F-22's 55 miles Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
The real enemy of the US IMHO is right here in the US and likes to play golf while the middle east burns and people are getting their head cut off.

Bingo
KMAGYOYO

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

The real enemy of the US IMHO is right here in the US and likes to play golf or rest at his ranch and has for the last 14 years while the middle east burns and people are getting their head cut off.

Fixed for accuracy...the US hasn't had a strong policy regarding that area since someone's Dad left office....

And the winner.

The truth is we STILL don't. Now are any of you types taking any responsibility for ANYTHING?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

The real enemy of the US IMHO is right here in the US and likes to play golf or rest at his ranch and has for the last 14 years while the middle east burns and people are getting their head cut off.

Fixed for accuracy...the US hasn't had a strong policy regarding that area since someone's Dad left office....

And the winner.

The truth is we STILL don't. Now are any of you types taking any responsibility for ANYTHING?

Time for a beer on the nineteenth hole so we can ponder this whole thing and who to blame next.
cheers3.gif

I remember as a young 1LT back in 1990-1991 thinking it was a bad idea to get involved over there.

I don't think we could have done ejection of Iraq from Kuwait any better. The problem came when some wanted regime change. From my perspective, we should have just put Saddam back in a box and left him there. Instead, someone dusted off the plans to oust him and the power vacuum ensued. The same script for other nations in the region.

Not saying things would have been better had we not done it. I've always thought that Iraq was more about planting a lightning rod in the Middle East to encourage any potential attackers to go for the low hanging fruit in their back yard rather than fly more planes into US sky scrapers.

Really don't know.

I do know that the west has meddled in that region for some time, and usually without good results. Why don't we learn from past mistakes?

Deposing tin pot dictators in the middle east has had less than the desired effect i think we can all agree on that.
What to do now the place is on fire and to what end is the question.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Well said Trav. Not since the late 70's have we had such weak leadership.

Oh, is he not droning enough people for you?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The kill ratio during the Korean air war with the main American fighter jet, the F86 Sabre vs the main fighter jet of N. Korea the mig 15 with an assortment of pilots from the USSR, China, and S Korea was 4 to 1 in favor of the Americans. Sixty years later I feel that the technology, equipment and training has kept the Americans ahead of the Russians. As said, the Israelis probably know more about our fighter planes than we do.

The Russian pilots claimed a 2:1 kill ratio when they were flying against U.S. fighters without their Chinese and N. Korean "comrades" weighting them down. This may well be correct as the Soviets were the elite of the Red Air Force with much combat experience from WWII...

It's hard to take a "threat" from Russian conventional forces seriously. The Russian Army for instance has about 40-80,000 first rate, well-trained and funded professional soldiers (i.e., the "little green men" who invaded Crimea). The rest of the Russian Army is a second-rate conscript force where corruption and abuses are rampant -- drastically and negatively affecting morale. In any serious, sustained conflict against just about any NATO member, the Russians would have serious problems. If we armed the Ukraine, they would have serious problems against a revamped and experienced Ukrainian force flying Western aircraft and driving, say, M-60A3 tanks and modern NATO fire control systems...

Yes, the Russian Air Force does have some excellent aircraft featuring thrust vectoring and the like, but they simply cannot afford to field them in large numbers...

US policy for the Middle East has been one miserable failure after another.

Better the US plays golf than to try to continue to fix another screwup of a screwup of a screwup of a screwup.

You'd think that after arming Iran, arming our old ally Saddam, helping our old friend Osama create Al Qaeda, and arming them too, and knocking off all opposition to Al Qaeda and ISIS , paving the way for their takeover, that this nation would step back and realize it doesn't have a clue to generate positive effects in that land and stay out of that quicksand.

No matter what we do, some moron is going to wake up tomorrow and convince other morons that it's their responsibility to kill a bunch of innocent people.

It hasn't worked any miracles, but is the lesser of two negatives by far.

The US has slept fine at night ignoring these exact same problems on the continents of Africa and Asia for decades. Observing the same policy for the Middle East wouldn't make things that much different.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
US policy for the Middle East has been one miserable failure after another.

Better the US plays golf than to try to continue to fix another screwup of a screwup of a screwup of a screwup.

You'd think that after arming Iran, arming our old ally Saddam, helping our old friend Osama create Al Qaeda, and arming them too, and knocking off all opposition to Al Qaeda and ISIS , paving the way for their takeover, that this nation would step back and realize it doesn't have a clue to generate positive effects in that land and stay out of that quicksand.

No matter what we do, some moron is going to wake up tomorrow and convince other morons that it's their responsibility to kill a bunch of innocent people.

X10,000,000!!

Making a quick buck is the prime concern of those in government.
And what of the innumerable massacres and human rights violations in Africa, and throughout Eurasia?

Oh, and I forgot to mention our best frenemy Asad, who we either want out of power so ISIS can take over Syria, or back up this despot so he can continue subjugating his people.

The only thing that is going to fix that region is education and true social reform, from the inside.

But every time that begins, some large groups of [censored] get angry it's no longer the year 580, and they can no longer marry an 11-year-old and treat a woman worse than a 2-legged cat and want to go to war.

Military action has a better chance of bringing sun and sandy beaches to Svaalbard in the dark months than curing fundamentalism.

Am I trippin' or does that Russian plane look like a new, modern version of the F14 Tomcat??? Funny how just about all Russian planes over the past 3 or 4 decades seem to be a mirror image of our own....F14 and F15 come to mind. Oh, and the space shuttle.

Just after WWII The USSR built carbon copies of the B29 from a plane that had been left/abandoned in the Soviet Union....right down to a repair patch on the tail section. By then the U.S. had developed and deployed the B52.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
It hasn't worked any miracles, but is the lesser of two negatives by far.

The US has slept fine at night ignoring these exact same problems on the continents of Africa and Asia for decades. Observing the same policy for the Middle East wouldn't make things that much different.

Really? Africa and Asia? You actually believe the United States is not directly involved in Africa and Asia? I have some friends that would like to sit down with you.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Am I trippin' or does that Russian plane look like a new, modern version of the F14 Tomcat??? Funny how just about all Russian planes over the past 3 or 4 decades seem to be a mirror image of our own....F14 and F15 come to mind. Oh, and the space shuttle.
If you think that's bad, you should see China's repertoire. Hoo-ee!
1884.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back