Crazy Car Repair Stories

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
A transmission shop once told me they had an old lady bring in a car that was leaking transmission fluid from the front seal and that the old lady had stuffed a heck of a lot of Kleenex tissues into the inspection pan around the torque converter through the very small rectangular hole on the bottom of the inspection pan in an attempt to stop the leaking.

People are crazy. Had a guy call our direct parts line that we give to shops to make an appointment for service. I told the customer I couldn't make an appointment because I didn't have access to that part of the system and he started yelling at me that I was useless. :rolleyes:

#22... One inch thick bullet proof glass...

If you are a storm chaser... Definitely worth having for obvious reasons. Hail ends many chases for them. That glass would be up to the task. I believe the Dominator tornado intercept vehicle is impressive. I wonder if they did some motor and transmission upgrades?? I would... That vehicle weighed in at 12,000+ pounds... A factory motor would not be my first choice. Give me a max torque and hp motor with a strong transmission to mate up fo it. If you have to out run a tornado... I want lots of ponys... And maybe a got shot of nitrous. Especially if you are driving into strong inflow headwinds. Like that El Reno tornado... Watch that video of a kid driving east trying to get out of that massive tornadoes path. He's driving like a roopty do small Kia. He was driving east into inflow winds that were 50-80 mph... Which greatly slowed down his already slow car... He barely made it just far east enough to get out of the main tornado's wind field. This kid's video was edited later on but it used to show Tim Samaris car behind his car. In that video there were the headlights of Tim's car with his son and another storm chaser storm killed by that tornado. You could see their headlights in the distance behind this kid's car. That kid had rear and front cameras on his car that day. That is a crazy spooky video.

Back