Craziest Car Prices You've Seen

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
With the wild car prices right now, what's the most bananas price you've seen?

Saw this one pop up in a Facebook ad a couple days ago. 2013 Hyundai Elantra for $15,950, they've since added some "internet savings" down to $14,399. I sent it to a friend of mine who has the identical car, and he said he paid $11k for his in 2014.

Another friend of mine was at a Kia dealer last weekend and they told him they're pricing Tellurides at $12k over MSRP.

I saw a 2010 Yaris sedan with 60kish miles for $10,950 on Carvana a while back. Dang near blew my mind.

What's really scary is there are people just as crazy. Older GM fullsize trucks are entertaining, as is anything not produced in bulk even if it's a piece of ...

I see 2012 Honda Civics for sale all the time for over $10,000 with 100,000 miles or more. I paid $11,000 for my 2012 Honda Civic when it was 3 years old with 34,000 miles and a little factory warranty was remaining which I didn't need to use. I am going to wait until the market cools down and it is slowing some right now but I am still in the hold position as far as buying. I need to wait for the boiler to cool down a little more.

Sounds like a car is like an appliance to you. Many people enjoy driving something different every few years.
I prefer to buy a decent/nice/reliable vehicle that I'm happy enough with to keep for MANY years, if 'MANY' is defined as 10 or so years. I prefer to do car payments for 4 or 5 years, then go another 8 to 10 years with NO car payments. I'll take no car payments over newest car on the block any day of the week!

Back