Crazed LEO in Dashcam in Boston Suburb

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happened to me, I would take the video to my lawyer. The good one. I would ask him how to make this guy hurt and then resign. I would then do as my lawyer asked.

Rod

...and then you would have a gigantic target on your tukhus unless and until you moved out of the area. Nope, bad idea...never antagonize the gangbangers.

Sign of the times, someone is always angry, it happens, it happens in here over oil filters,,,mercy sakes.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Sign of the times, someone is always angry, it happens, it happens in here over oil filters,,,mercy sakes.

Yeah but when the crazed person coming at you is a representative of the government, it's a lot different than someone who doesn't like cardboard end caps pecking away at their keyboard!

After watching the first part of the video, that cop is lucky he wasn't doing that to someone who was packing a gun and super trained in self defense. That cop could have got himself shot easily if the guy thought he was going to get shot, and the guy would probably have been justified.

Some of these cops are way out of control. They seriously need to find a different profession.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
After watching the first part of the video, that cop is lucky he wasn't doing that to someone who was packing a gun and super trained in self defense. That cop could have got himself shot easily if the guy thought he was going to get shot, and the guy would probably have been justified.

Some of these cops are way out of control. They seriously need to find a different profession.

Thats what I thought too. Crazy old detective cop there.

& those commenting above about whether the cops that showed up later should have reported the Crazy Old Detective Cop, remember that cops don't usually report their own kind since they would be ostracized to the point of not getting back-up next time they needed it... word would get around that you're a Rat in the fraternity of cops.

Exactly the reason why it doesn't matter if there are some good cops or bad cops. I say they are all basically bad. Because when the uniformed officer showed up, they did nothing to restrain the detective who was ranting like a mad man. Its why they act like they do and its why this situation with police is going to keep escalating. Police are under a different set of rules and they know it. Who is going to police the police? People are getting fed up with this and the American population is more armed than ever. Police think they have a Judge Dredd power. Police tolerate bad behavior and even cover for other cops bad behavior, so why should I believe there are good cops. Because one pays a Walmart bill or changes a tire. Sorry that's human. Cops are out of control and its not going to get better anytime soon. They feel they can straighten this out with force and that is their mentality. The sheep get out of line, we need more sheep dogs. The idea of giving them military surplus with their track record, yeah, great idea.

Last edited:
We have an opportunity to make it better now. But too many conservative white people are just sitting back and saying its just bad behavior by black people causing all the problems. They think saying "sir" will solve all the problems. I wonder if these very same people would accord the President the very same courtesy????

Maybe this is one reason these cops are so trigger happy. Just shot anyone you think might be a possible threat, even if you never see any weapon.

Shoot First - Ask Questions Later

Hummm ... I wonder if Joe Citizen could get away with doing the same thing?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Maybe this is one reason these cops are so trigger happy. Just shot anyone you think might be a possible threat, even if you never see any weapon.

Shoot First - Ask Questions Later

Hummm ... I wonder if Joe Citizen could get away with doing the same thing?

I can't believe people actually buy what this guy is selling!

A couple of snippets from the linked article:

Quote:
In Los Angeles, he helped authorities explain the still-controversial fatal shooting of Anthony Dwain Lee, a Hollywood actor who was shot through a window by a police officer at a Halloween party in 2000. The actor carried a fake gun as part of his costume. Mr. Lee was shot several times in the back. The officer was not charged.

The city settled a lawsuit over the shooting for $225,000, but Mr. Lewinski still teaches the case as an example of a justified shooting that unfairly tarnished a good officer who “was shooting to save his own life.”

Quote:
On a cold night in early 2003, for instance, Robert Murtha, an officer in Hartford, Conn., shot three times at the driver of a car. He said the vehicle had sped directly at him, knocking him to the ground as he fired. Video from a nearby police cruiser told another story. The officer had not been struck. He had fired through the driver’s-side window as the car passed him.

Officer Murtha’s story was so obviously incorrect that he was arrested on charges of assault and fabricating evidence. If officers can get away with shooting people and lying about it, the prosecutor declared, “the system is doomed.”

“There was no way around it — Murtha was dead wrong,” his lawyer, Hugh F. Keefe, recalled recently. But the officer was “bright, articulate and truthful,” Mr. Keefe said. Jurors needed an explanation for how the officer could be so wrong and still be innocent.

Dr. Lewinski testified at trial. The jury deliberated less than one full day. The officer was acquitted of all charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back