Crazed LEO in Dashcam in Boston Suburb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

If I was a LEO I am most interested in remaining alive at the end of the day, if a subject is unstable and a threat to the LEO's life then they will do what they have to so they can remain alive.

Quote:

Alive in prison. Cops don't do well in prison.

If they're wound that tight best to retire or fly a desk.

No, if you are a threat to LEO....YOU will end up in prison, not the LEO. We have already seen this fact many times. Stop arguing with lawful orders, if you don't like the laws change them.

Now if you are acting like that det, in an unprofessional and unstable manner, yes I agree that this guy should be off the force and never allowed to be involved in law enforcement anywhere ever again, no excuse for his actions. I believe he should serve time in jail for his actions. He did threaten to kill a citizen that was absolutely NO threat to him that deserves prison time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Terroristic threat, death threat, attempting to conceal a crime by taking film....seems cut and dry. Criminal charges plus twice the penalty for abusing authority to commit the crimes.

X2.

Totally unprofessional and inexcusable. Using a badge to facilitate road rage is disgusting behavior.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Terroristic threat, death threat, attempting to conceal a crime by taking film....seems cut and dry. Criminal charges plus twice the penalty for abusing authority to commit the crimes.

X2.

Totally unprofessional and inexcusable. Using a badge to facilitate road rage is disgusting behavior.

If I was the Judge I would be sentencing this det to jail time, at least 18 months, and barring him from any involvement in LE ever again. Also I would require him to apologize to the driver publicly and pay any court costs and fine that the driver experienced as a result of his involvement. There must be serious punishment for this kind of behavior.

Here's the problem (as I see it from watching the video on my phone).

Douche-bag driving a pick up truck (not a police vehicle) gets out looking like he crawled out of a toilet,wearing his wifebeater and jorts (not in police uniform),starts shouting and threatening the other guy. NO way you can tell he's a cop. For all he knows,it's just some scum-bag that's out of his mind,and not right in the head. Other guy should've whipped his [censored],or as soon as he started waving a gun around,pulled one himself and wasted said douche-bag. If he would've parished it would've been his own fault.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Stop arguing with lawful orders,

OK. What is a lawful order?

An order that is within the law.

Stop arguing with lawful orders,

OK. What is a lawful order?

An order that is within the law.

Which if you ask the law enforcement community, is anything they say because they don't answer to anyone and get away with anything they do.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Which if you ask the law enforcement community, is anything they say because they don't answer to anyone and get away with anything they do.

Nope, has to be written laws, statutes that can be actually found in the books for a specific community, locality, town, city, ect.

Nope, has to be written laws, statutes that can be actually found in the books for a specific community, locality, town, city, ect.

Putting out a cigarette in your personal vehicle?

Originally Posted By: Benito
Time to get some dashcams.

And someplace to hide them. The cop told him he was going to seize the evidence.

Crooked, angry cop ... he needs to be fired or put behind desk for the rest of his career. If this the way law enforcement is heading? Seems situations like this are a becoming a daily occurrence on the news these days. Germany, cira 1939?

Putting out a cigarette in your personal vehicle?

hooked.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Crooked, angry cop ... he needs to be fired or put behind desk for the rest of his career. If this the way law enforcement is heading? Seems situations like this are a becoming a daily occurrence on the news these days. Germany, cira 1939?

Ironic because Israel trains many US LEOs today, consider yourself a
Palestinian. Why we are sending our LEOs to Israel is a very good question, makes you wonder about the MONEY involved.
whistle.gif

Ironic because Israel trains many US LEOs today, consider yourself a Palestinian. Why we are sending our LEOs to Israel is a very good question, makes you wonder about the MONEY involved.
whistle.gif

Why are we sending our LEOs to Israel for training, when other governments send their people come across the world to receive training in the United States? Are we suddenly incapable of training our own?

^ probably because our anti terrorism security has ridiculously low standards as evidenced by the TSA while theirs is the best in the world.

all this about obeying a lawful order, the cop was not in uniform and off duty. that badge could be fake for all the driver knew.

good commentary here: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...tective/399860/

Quote:
And the polite police officer tells the motorist, “The longer you stay here the more trouble you’re just going to get into, so the stop has ended, you’re all set, you’re free to leave.” If I were a purist, I’d complain that the polite police officer shouldn’t tell a citizen who isn’t breaking any law that he’ll get in more trouble by asking questions about another cop’s misconduct. Since I’m a pragmatist who recognizes that a bully of a cop with a hot temper was still on the scene, I see the wisdom in urging our motorist to move along, and would be happy if he’d only reported on his colleague when he got back to the station.

But news accounts suggest Detective LeBert was only caught and suspended when the clip appeared online, so it seems like the polite police officers failed to do anything about misconduct by a colleague severe enough that the police chief put him on leave after seeing it. One wonders how many times Medford cops who’d never behave that way covered for their colleague. All who have bear a measure of responsibility for his behavior, which is an embarrassment to their department and their profession.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
good commentary here: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...tective/399860/

Quote:
And the polite police officer tells the motorist, “The longer you stay here the more trouble you’re just going to get into, so the stop has ended, you’re all set, you’re free to leave.” If I were a purist, I’d complain that the polite police officer shouldn’t tell a citizen who isn’t breaking any law that he’ll get in more trouble by asking questions about another cop’s misconduct. Since I’m a pragmatist who recognizes that a bully of a cop with a hot temper was still on the scene, I see the wisdom in urging our motorist to move along, and would be happy if he’d only reported on his colleague when he got back to the station.

But news accounts suggest Detective LeBert was only caught and suspended when the clip appeared online, so it seems like the polite police officers failed to do anything about misconduct by a colleague severe enough that the police chief put him on leave after seeing it. One wonders how many times Medford cops who’d never behave that way covered for their colleague. All who have bear a measure of responsibility for his behavior, which is an embarrassment to their department and their profession.

This aspect of the situation bothers me just about as much as the original confrontation. The cop that ends up dealing with the driver is polite and talks in a calm tone, but still totally covers for the out of control hood rat in the wife beater. He doesn't give any information about how to formally complain, and won't even talk with the driver because he knows that's what he's going to ask about. While YouTube has worked incredibly well for revealing this kind of stuff, it shouldn't be the only way to expose this kind of behavior.

I personally would have kept backing up despite any badge and let a calmer officer pull over if they so chose.

That case will get thrown out in court to avoid the town of Medford getting more press.

Originally Posted By: Benito
^ probably because our anti terrorism security has ridiculously low standards as evidenced by the TSA while theirs is the best in the world.

Not quite sure how the TSA fits in with a traffic stop, but if this is what "best in the world" training entails, and this really is true, it's just another case of tax dollars not working so hard.

I still find it rather difficult to believe we are so involved in training police officers, military personnel and even fire fighters abroad, yet we would contract out our own training to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back