Crawfish Boil Today

My cousin had a crawfish boil today at her house in Baton Rouge. Her brother lives about (2) miles from me and brought me a few lbs. to eat. I took a pic of them right after I started eating them. Man, they were seasoned well! Sucking the heads, they were full of juice yeah!
He's having a boil next Sunday and I'm invited. I will get some good pics.

CRAWFISH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks delicious! I’ve never had them but keep meaning to get somewhere to try em out.

Guess it's like steamed crabs around here. Some Marylanders think they are great. I tried them once, but the picking through the crabs guts for tiny morsels of meat wasn't for me. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Gimmie crab cakes or deviled crabs any day.
Eww that just sounds nasty, I wouldn’t want anything to do with it.

My cousin had a crawfish boil today at her house in Baton Rouge. Her brother lives about (2) miles from me and brought me a few lbs. to eat. I took a pic of them right after I started eating them. Man, they were seasoned well! Sucking the heads, they were full of juice yeah!

View attachment 94286
Only thing missing is homemade cornbread and some rice 😛😛😛

Some day I'm going to show up on your doorstep and you'll have to show me how to eat those things. I just don't get it.
Mr. W, ""IF" you ever show up I can get my cousin (the one that brought these to me) to have a great crawfish boil. But, the season is only good February-May (some start in January and go into June). We're in the Lent season too and the Cajuns usually have crawfish boils every Sunday thru Easter.
Here you geaux Mr. W., watch the video and practice. If you have a ditch near you go catch some and boil them. The 2nd guy in the video (LSU shirt on) is the Cajun/correct way, start to finish, how you eat crawfish. ;)

Guess it's like steamed crabs around here. Some Marylanders think they are great. I tried them once, but the picking through the crabs guts for tiny morsels of meat wasn't for me. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Gimmie crab cakes or deviled crabs any day.
When I was married my then wife loved crabs. And so did I. BUT, I didn't want to peel them just for a little bit of meat. To me, that's just hard work. My wife would peel mine and make me a pile of meat. ;)

View attachment 94286

I love me some low country boil! Unfortunately in Iowa crawfish are MIA so we use sausage and shrimp. Not even close to what you are having but hey not much we can do about it.

just my $0.02

crawfish boil is such a traditional thing. I grew up in New York and didn't get it until I was down here for quite a while.

Good way to get eachother together at some picnic tables, have a meal and drink some beer in the spring weather.

Its a heck of a lot of fun.

Do not wear contact lensess, you will be dead taking them out no matter what you wash your hands with.

crawfish boil is such a traditional thing. I grew up in New York and didn't get it until I was down here for quite a while.

Good way to get eachother together at some picnic tables, have a meal and drink some beer in the spring weather.

Its a heck of a lot of fun.

Do not wear contact lensess, you will be dead taking them out no matter what you wash your hands with.
Texas is almost boiling more crawfish than some in La.

So you boil them and eat just the tail like a lobster?
Well, yes, and no. A lobster you usually use a knife and fork, right? A crawfish you use your fingers.
Could you see me in RED LOBSTER ripping the tail from a boiled lobster, sucking the juice from the head (that would be A LOT of juice), and peeling the first tail ring to eat the meat? People's mouths would be on the ground! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Back