Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dead at 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP
frown.gif

It's a pity. Saw them live in the nineties at a very intimate music-theater venue and loved her voice. I heard she had struggled with mental illness in addition to the above mentioned back injuries. Very sad indeed. RIP

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
It's a pity. Saw them live in the nineties at a very intimate music-theater venue and loved her voice. I heard she had struggled with mental illness in addition to the above mentioned back injuries. Very sad indeed. RIP

They said on the news tonight the depression/dark place was the result of going steady working for 2 years without a break.

She lived about an hour north of me in the Kawartha lakes region and was married to a Canadian. I just found out her and him split a couple/few years ago then she had a blow up on a plane and was fined $10,000 for her behaviour. Something was mentioned about maybe being bi-polar?

Sad either way.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
[
That is a beautiful song!!

RIP

If you like that, you might like the acoustic version, I like it better. Her Irish voice really comes through. Vocals start around 1:07.

Amazing how her voice sounds even 24 years after the original.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: irv

They said on the news tonight the depression/dark place was the result of going steady working for 2 years without a break.

She lived about an hour north of me in the Kawartha lakes region and was married to a Canadian. I just found out her and him split a couple/few years ago then she had a blow up on a plane and was fined $10,000 for her behaviour. Something was mentioned about maybe being bi-polar?

Sad either way.
frown.gif

Apparently she was like 20 minutes from me down in Buckhorn
frown.gif
I had no idea. A friend of mine on Facebook apparently met her in Lakefield a pile of times when she came into the market.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: irv

Sad either way.
frown.gif

Apparently she was like 20 minutes from me down in Buckhorn
frown.gif
I had no idea. A friend of mine on Facebook apparently met her in Lakefield a pile of times when she came into the market.

Buckhorn is correct. A girl I currently work with use to cut her hair when she worked in Peterborough at a salon somewhere on Lansdowne. She spoke highly of her and is deeply saddened by her passing. Said she was one of the nicest persons she ever met. She wasn't high on herself at all.

Lingering back problems also weared on her severely. My gut tells me we will hear something about pain medication, depression medication, and all of that after the autopsy?

I've never heard of them, but it's always sad to hear about one's death...especially when they're this young...

Therapeutic traces of prescription drugs.
BAC in excess of 0.30
Slid under the water while having a bath

Originally Posted by Shannow
BAC in excess of 0.30

Wow, pretty similar to Whitney Houston.

Originally Posted by Michael_P
Most people who die post op from back surgery is not from drugs. Its from blood clots.

Post surgery death is often blood clots. Clots form in multiple paces, then break loose, pass through your heart (if you're lucky) and are then caught in your lungs.

Pulmonary embolisms kill over 100,000/year.

Once the blood flow through your lungs is impaired, your survival is in jeopardy...

Originally Posted by Shannow
BAC in excess of 0.30

Pretty much as expected. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back