Craigslist is like a petty HOA now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HangFire
The good thing about FB Marketplace is it's hooked up to Messenger, which allows easy communication (and easy blocking) without giving out your phone number or email address.

Just today I had someone on FBM ask me about a part. A few minutes later my cell rings and it says something like, CALL FROM FACEBOOK MESSENGER. I answer and it's the guy I was messaging with. How the helll does that happen? My number isn't in the ad.

Originally Posted by HangFire
I don't have anything against CL, I've just had zero luck with it. Listing, nothing but wackos and scammers. Buying, nothing but solds-still-listed or no-answers. After a while, I just stopped wasting my time.

You're not using it right. In addition to the wackos and scammers, there are legit buyers and sellers on there, I've done both. I don't price too high and I discount for seller bias so I sell pretty close to my asking price because I'm either middle or bottom third of pricing. Same with buying, I check often and when I see I a new listing for something I want, I contact them right away. Old listings are likely already sold.

I prefer FB marketplace. It's amazing how many people are mutual friends with somebody you know.

CL you really have no idea who you're dealing with, but then again I'm never in the market for used cell phones, high dollar basketball shoes, or car stereos.

I've used both for a number of years, and have started to shy away from Craigslist for a number of reasons. On Facebook, you have the typical idiots who are tire kickers or want something for nothing, but in general the ads get more views so items sell more quickly to a legit buyer. With Craigslist there seems to be less people using it, except for older people without Facebook who have nothing better to do than e-mail you and tell you that your price it too high and how they want to buy it for half of what your listing price is. Oh and then once they finally agree on a price they want you to meet them 4 hours away because their brother's sister's cousin's uncle took their car to drive it to who knows where but they will be sure to tell you the story.

Bottom line:

Facebook: Some deadbeats, but more views so more likely to quickly find a legit buyer after weeding through the morons

Craigslist: Usually people who don't have their **** together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back