Coworker got his tank sugared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar is not oil soluble so sugar will only dissolve to the saturation pint of the 10% ethanol in the tank, basically it won't cause a problem. If the company insurance is paying for it get the tank cleaned, and fuel filter replaced, otherwise keep it full for a couple thousand miles and don't sweat it.

How does one pour sugar past that flap thing on the nozzle? Seriously? It would just clog up if you tried pouring it through a funnel, and take forever to shake through.

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
How does one pour sugar past that flap thing on the nozzle? Seriously? It would just clog up if you tried pouring it through a funnel, and take forever to shake through.

Not all cars, especially older cars have the fuel filler flap. My 1999 Dakota doesn't.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: MarkM66

Not all cars, especially older cars have the fuel filler flap. My 1999 Dakota doesn't.

That may be a local thing. I don't remember a single rental car I've ever had having a flap, but every car that myself or my parents have had, dating as far back as I can recall (85 station wagon) have all had flaps.

If you are going to sabotage a car with sugar, get it in the oil. I remember some performance car/hot rod mag did this once in an article addressing the sugar in the tank idea. The engine was thoroughly trashed.

^This. Some neighborhood miscreants once put sugar in my brother's tank. DA's left the cap on the ground to announce what they had done. Dad's mechanic just dropped the tank and emptied it and told us what has already been said here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back