Coverlay Dash Caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has experience with them? I've got a defective dash. (04 Solara, recall long expired)

These dashes suck, but no way I'm spending $1500? for s new Toyota dash. Interior is otherwise about an 8/10, but cars overall value doesn't warrant a new dash. Nor am I sourcing a used dash because frankly, i don't trust my ability to install it.

Who has used Coverlay Dash Caps (about $220)? It's either that or a $50+/- dash mat...

IMG_20191220_194552688.jpg

Last edited:
I had o on an old Mercedes. It matched well, and if the adhesive had stuck, it would have been a pretty good coverup. The thing is, they are hard plastic, at least mine was, while the OE dash was not... mine could creak a bit too... but that was 15 years ago and on a car that was already very old.

I've used them on several late MG's and a BMW 2002. On those cars they are very good, most folks outside of real car people wouldn't ever notice.

They may require some trimming for the best fit and you want to be very careful with the edge you leave. Prep of the old dash is important for adhesion, you have to sand it. Test fit so you don't wind up sanding anywhere that won't be covered. Clamp or wedge the edge as much as you can. Follow instructions carefully and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back