Court quashes dad's grounding of 12-year-old

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/06/19/father-court.html
Quote:
A father plans to appeal after a Quebec court ruled that he didn't have the right to punish his 12-year-old daughter by banning her from a school trip.

smirk2.gif

In Canada...shocking...

Denial runs strong in Canadian courts

""Usually children have lots of respect for their parents and they wouldn't go there," said Beaudoin."

That's the funniest and most false statement I've read in a long time.

Child psychologist discussing this on the idjit box a minute ago.

His words that he was "gobsmacked" by the decision, and that it totally undermines the authority that must be present in every family to raise kids.

Not sure I agree with Indiana, but definitely agree that this undermines the authority of a parent. If you children don't have to listen to you, then what can you possibly do. Stupid judge. I would like to see how her children have turned out.

ref

One time my son ..after getting a good dose of the D.A.R.E. program (where they train grade schoolers to narc on their parents), threatened to report us for abuse. My wife and I laughed at him and offered that foster care would not include a Nintendo or any of the other stuff he enjoyed. He was like 6 or 7 years old. It was such a riot.

Wow that Dad might as well hand the kid over to authorities, and consider himself unqualified to be a parent, because that girl will never listen to him again ever.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
One time my son ..after getting a good dose of the D.A.R.E. program (where they train grade schoolers to narc on their parents), threatened to report us for abuse. My wife and I laughed at him and offered that foster care would not include a Nintendo or any of the other stuff he enjoyed. He was like 6 or 7 years old. It was such a riot.

I had to chuckle when I read this. Reminded me of the time 20+ years ago when my oldest son, then 9 years old, threatened to call the POLICE on me. I had give him a swatt across the but for giving some smart lip to his mother.

He marched over to the telephone, picked up the reciever and said he was going to dial 911. I thought his demostration was kinda funny. Skinny little bean pole with his chest all bowed out, trying to look tough. All I could do to keep from laughing.

Any how he picked up the reciever threatened to call. I calmly told him to go right a head, but even if the "POLICE" were sitting on the end of the drive way when they got the call. They would not arrive in time to save his behind. You could see his wheels grinding, this had definitely posed a angle he had not thought about. He hung up the phone, poked his chest out and said "next time". I could no longer hold back my smile.

Today 20+ years later we still laugh about it.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
My dad doesn't sleep...

...he waits.

Sounds a lot like my dad. When I would run from punishment, he would simply say "thats ok, you have to go to sleep sometime".

and he meant it too...
27.gif

Never in a million years would I have called the cops on my parents. When I got beat, I DESERVED it (very few and far between cuz I didn't like it). I tried to run away once when I was about 12. My Mom looked at me like "Go ahead". So I did. I got about 100ft before I realized I wasn't going far in a pair of shorts, no shoes, and no shirt. Never tried it again.

What is this world coming to!

he really should pack that girl's belongings and send her to live with the judge. Have her knock on the woman's door with suitcase in hand.

Now every time she's in trouble, she's gonna file a lawsuit. Thanks Judge Beaudoin for making parenting even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back