Couple of bugs in forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using this forum for a few months now, and have noticed the following problems under my Windows XP machine.

• The icon for "create a list" while typing a new message does not work properly. When i click on it, there is a window popup to type the list items. This window has a message saying "Enter the new list item. When finished with your list, enter a blank value to close the list". But, as soon as i type one list item and hit OK (or Enter) the pop-up window disappears, and the created list (in the message) does not have proper HTML format. Specifically, the end of list tag is missing (which is present in things like bold or italic HTML formatting).
  • So, i am forced to enter manually the list item formatting, starting with 2nd item.
  • At the bottom of the new message box there is a check box saying "Add this topic to my Watched Topics". I check on it. This is running in a firefox browser tab. I go to another tab, that also has btog forums open. I click on My Stuff->Watch lists and i do not see anything in there, even though i have hit "watch topic" in several forum threads.
  • Menu item My Stuff->Subscriptions has a similar problem. Why is it coming up empty ? I have to go to Search->Display Name search, and type in my name in order to find all my posts in this forum.

Thanks for maintaining and supporting this great forum.

Find posts that you made by going to "my stuff" and then "my posts"

Second one works fine for me, not sure what your issue is there.

First one I don't know, I don't use that feature.

I am able to use the search feature of this forum to find posts made within the last 1 year. Does this mean that after 1 year, i won't be able to see all my posts, even if i go "MY STUFF -> MY POSTS" (because my older posts would be gone from server ?)

Originally Posted By: seekingbuddha
I am able to use the search feature of this forum to find posts made within the last 1 year.

You can use the search feature to find posts from any year, just as long as the date range you select does not exceed 5 years.

Quote:

Does this mean that after 1 year, i won't be able to see all my posts, even if i go "MY STUFF -> MY POSTS" (because my older posts would be gone from server ?)

When you go to My Stuff > My Posts, you should be able to see all of your posts, regardless when they were made. I am able to see 10+ years worth of my posts.

Thank you quattro. I did not notice that capability of search till today. In addition, i found the answer to my own question, posted above.....

Originally Posted By: seekingbuddha
I have been using this forum for a few months now, and have noticed the following problems under my Windows XP machine.

• The icon for "create a list" while typing a new message does not work properly. When i click on it, there is a window popup to type the list items. This window has a message saying "Enter the new list item. When finished with your list, enter a blank value to close the list". But, as soon as i type one list item and hit OK (or Enter) the pop-up window disappears, and the created list (in the message) does not have proper HTML format. Specifically, the end of list tag is missing (which is present in things like bold or italic HTML formatting).
  • So, i am forced to enter manually the list item formatting, starting with 2nd item.

I am used to the common internet list creation method of typing up multiple list items with a single click on the icon button. But here in BITOG, i need to click on the list button, for every item that i want to create. Then finally, when the list items are all done, i click on the icon one more time and hit ok - this creates the correct sequence of HTML tags needed to create the list and i did not have to do anything manually.

As far as list creation goes, I find it quicker just to write it by hand.... you start with a list opening tag, then the bullet point symbols [*] for each item, and then a list closing tag, like below...

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3

[/list ]

Just remove the space between t and ] in the last tag. I had to insert it in order to prevent it from turning itself into an actual list so that you could see the code.
    smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back