Couple of bubbles on transmissiom dipstick while checking in park car running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,
Questions from new member
I just changed AMSOIL ATF by vaccum pump by plastic tube through dipstick pipe on my chevy venture van 2002 34,000 mile. when I check fluid level by dipstick I get couple of bubbles on dipstick while car in park and engine running. I called AMSOIL and they said Don't worry.......Ya right
But Only one time transmission slipped when I was at signal light and pressing accelator pedal.
What is wrong with dipstick and bubble.
May be because my factory ATF and AMSOIL ATF fighting eachother or what?

A slipping tranny at that age of vehicle is not good...I'm a little leary about Amsoil's "one tranny fluid does it all" approach.If I am correct I think that GM recently upgrade their Dexron III rating in their newer trannies?I'm a Jeep guy so don't really follow GM requirements unless someone's vehicle I work on requires me to look into it,and then I go with the speced fluid to keep myself outa trouble
grin.gif

Actually, I have been gradually draining and filling my ATF with Redline D4, and sometimes I notice a few bubbles on the Dipstick as well. Not many and tiny little buggers. I haven't had any slips and I'm at 50K on a 1998 ES300.

I've seen bubbles on a few ATF dipsticks before and the tranny had no problems. I think it's kinda common. Not sure of reason, however. BTW never had anything but good things happen from using Amsoil ATF.
cheers.gif

Actually, I think its different for different makes. For my Honda, manual says to check with engine OFF
shocked.gif

For my Toyota, manual say to check with engine running in Park after shifting through all the gears.

A slipping tranny at that age of vehicle is not good...I'm a little leary about Amsoil's "one tranny fluid does it all" approach.If I am correct I think that GM recently upgrade their Dexron III rating in their newer trannies?I'm a Jeep guy so don't really follow GM requirements unless someone's vehicle I work on requires me to look into it,and then I go with the speced fluid to keep myself outa trouble

I mean only slipped one time from neutral to drive.
But after changing AMSOIL car is running smoother and stronger with less vibration and quiet. I think I have to check in neutral as you guys said.
THanks for reply because I have only couple of bubble very tiny when I check in park.
Keep positing reply.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back