Couldn't help myself, Tried some Redline 10w-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Sniffing the dipstick in front of an audience is almost as funny as standing in the parts house and blowing into oil filters while everyone's watching.:D

^^Now THAT would be hillarious!!!!!!!!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I broke the GN again

What happened to it?

It makes 600HP, I can think of a huge list of possibilities
grin2.gif

Yeah the old LT-1 is pushing 1,000 RWHP. It has only really ever seen Redline 10w-40. Even when I was running a Procharger back in the day(550hp)I had stayed with RL. Torn that motor apart at close to 50K and was impressed. I have worked on a few other LT-1 running RL as well, usually always with good results.

You know how it goes in racing, you find something that works and you stick with it unless it loses quality and your reliability goes by the way side. If so then you change. That hasn't happened with RL. They have always produced a premium product and backed it up with friendly/knowledgable support.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Allright now BGN, grow a pair of big brass ones and try a fill of RL 5w-20. Vis is almost a 30 wt, and it has a 3.2 HTHS. What more could you ask for???
wink.gif

Or maybe some RP 0W10?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Allright now BGN, grow a pair of big brass ones and try a fill of RL 5w-20. Vis is almost a 30 wt, and it has a 3.2 HTHS. What more could you ask for???
wink.gif

Now that I agree with. I would have no problem running that stuff. However, I'm going to Willow Springs in 100+ degree weather so I feel safer with the 30wt. If I stick with Redline which I will, I may go with the 20wt in the winter though there's no real need to.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I broke the GN again

What happened to it?

It makes 600HP, I can think of a huge list of possibilities
grin2.gif

Somehow destroyed the stock axle, likely the pinion, haven't pulled the cover off yet. It was probably previous damage done at the strip on slicks that just showed up. I finally lined up with the ZR1 that I've been seeing for the past two months. I put a good 3 cars on him in first gear (I'm on Hoosier Quick Time Pros) and the axle gave on the shift to second. The second gear shift is where I put the pedal to the floor. It made a bang and the whole car shuddered. It's somewhat drivable but acts like it's going to lock up and it's in time with the driveshaft.

The Vette kept it floored and didn't stop so he probably thinks he killed me which he did. I hate losing that way.

... blowing into oil filters...

True to that blowing issue. All my neighbors have the nice cars - most all late model japanese. Here I am with my nice looking Sienna and relatively new Mazda 6. Yet the hoods on mine are often up.

A few wks ago I was struggling under the hood of the Sienna. Big fight for several minutes. I finally came up with that which I sought - a small L shaped piece of plastic. And then I started blowing thru it. Wonder how that looked.

The invariable oil on the end of the nose at the gas station also comes to mind.

I wish I had some buddies that I could stand around with and stare at an engine like in that King of the Hill clip. But actually that wouldn't do it for me. I need some BITOG buddies where we could stand around and stare at the fill hole. Look for leaks. Read the bottle labels to each other. MMO & Neutra vapors in the air. Nascar in the background on a garage t.v. We BITOGrs are just too scattered out geographically. Too bad.

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
I wish I had some buddies that I could stand around with and stare at an engine like in that King of the Hill clip. But actually that wouldn't do it for me. I need some BITOG buddies where we could stand around and stare at the fill hole. Look for leaks. Read the bottle labels to each other. MMO & Neutra vapors in the air. Nascar in the background on a garage t.v. We BITOGrs are just too scattered out geographically. Too bad.

Right on Eric! That would be killer!!!!!!!!
11.gif

The one thing worse than being seen sniffing your dipstick is when your neighbour starts telling his friends he saw you "sniffing your dipstick"...

Took a look through the fill hole today. It may be my imagination but it looks cleaner than before. This thing already looked factory clean, it may be that the different oil just gives it a shiny look instead of the more dull look of the ACD.

Took a look through the fill hole today. It may be my imagination but it looks cleaner than before. This thing already looked factory clean, it may be that the different oil just gives it a shiny look instead of the more dull look of the ACD.

Seriously? Come on, you are making ME want to try it!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Seriously? Come on, you are making ME want to try it!

You know you're going to. Just get it over with.
grin2.gif

I wish I would've taken before pics. I'll go ahead and do some after pics even though there's nothing to compare it to.

I'll go ahead and do some after pics even though there's nothing to compare it to.

I think this is an indication that we may have issues
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back