Cosworth and Whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 3 qts of 5W40 and 4 qts of 0W30 to put in my GTO. I already have the 5W40, and strangely enough this stuff smells like whiskey........

Hey Jason....I've got 8 liters of 5-40 Cosworth setting in the shop now....gonna run it against Royal Purple Racing 41 and see what kind of UOA this stuff gives me.....I was out in California visiting the Cosworth facilities....I did spill my "Coca Cola" in the big vat doohickey....Oops...

Jason,

I ran across that stuff the other day by accident when I was googling for motor oil info.
Looks like it may be a contender. Appears to be a synthetic even by the standards of the most devout of the Orthodox Synthetic Faith.
Of course, at $8.49. per quart, if it's not at least as good as Mobil 1, Redline or Amsoil on at least one oil quality criterion, it seems like a questionable value.
Still cheaper than Synlube...
BTW, did you get it at the "liquidcosworth" site, or do they have a reseller?
I notice on their "buy" page they also have:
COSWORTH PERFORMANCE ENGINEERED COOLANT ADDITIVE
and
COSWORTH PERFORMANCE ENGINEERED FUEL TREATMENT

I wonder about that coolant additive. Is it supposed to be another "Water Wetter" ?
Be interesting to have someone test these. Not me. My wife needs the money for shoes...

I just had a vision of an LS-x stroker pounding through the Texas Hill Country with Pat Traver's "Snortin' Whiskey" blasting out the windows.
grin.gif

[ March 15, 2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: 427Z06 ]

An oil that smells like whiskey; OMIGOD! Nirvana. Tift Merritt on the CD, 6000 RPM in 4th on the on-ramp in the 533i. Going to work is fun.

Maybe some of the Cosworth folks kept some Jack Daniels in oil bottles so they could pour themselves some on a slow afternoon at work, and their boss wouldn't notice since all he sees are oil bottles lying around. Then one day a new guy didn't know what was in them and packed them up to be shipped out.
grin.gif

Pity the first hardworking Cosworther to discover he was drowning his sorrows in a tall glass of 5W40.
nono.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LiquidCosworth:
It's single malt.

Heck, that does it for me. Less expensive than the single malt I'm sippin' on now.
grin.gif

Seriously, it's sounds like a fine product. I'll have to give a try in the near future. Thanks for the info.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back