Costco/Kirkland 0w20 is it available in stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I've been using the cheapest 0w20 oil that meets Subaru spec that is readily available without rebates. It was Supertech 0w20 for $14.37 for a 5 quart jug for my last oil change.

I've heard the news that Costco is selling 2x5 quart jugs of their house brand oil for $30 online and $25 in store. I've only seen 5w30 in the warehouses.

Has anybody seen any other grades in a Costco warehouse besides 5w30? $12.50 per 5 quarts is an attractive price, but l will settle for Supertech if l cannot get it in the Costco warehouse.

I beleive ST is the same thing and you can order it from Wally World on line. Easy peasy.
I have not seen the Costco oil at a store; others have. Not sure what weights.
I have some of the Costco 0w20 being delivered now.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I beleive ST is the same thing and you can order it from Wally World on line. Easy peasy.
I have not seen the Costco oil at a store; others have. Not sure what weights.
I have some of the Costco 0w20 being delivered now.

Thanks. I can get it cheaper from Walmart either in store or delivered than Costco's delivered price. However, it would be cheaper if l could find that grade in a Costco warehouse. Price is my main objective as long as it meets Subaru spec.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as l won't change my oil again until April. Hopefully 0w20 will be available in the warehouse before that time.

Originally Posted by Joe1

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as l won't change my oil again until April. Hopefully 0w20 will be available in the warehouse before that time.

I believe you can request it at your local store(s). If enough people ask for it, they will bring it in.

I have only seen the 5w-30 at Costco.

It's likely that they will only offer that grade until they see sales numbers.

Originally Posted by BLND1

Same here. I've been to two Costco's and have only seen 5w30.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-0w-20-full-synthetic-motor-oil-5-quart%2C-2-pack.product.100518855.html

Hopefully they start carrying it around here soon, you know, Issaquah where they're HQ'd. So far haven't seen any KS oil in any weight in there just M1, but I'd definitely use it in the RX and GX, but that's to be expected living in WA, it's just one overpriced disappointment after another living here
lol.gif

Last edited:
Same with our local costco as well--only 5w30, no 20 weight. $15/5 quarts shipped w/o any rebate is still a pretty decent deal, however, but if I can find it at the local store for $5 less, I think I'd just move to that as my go to oil.

Originally Posted by Joe1

Same here. I've been to two Costco's and have only seen 5w30.

Last edited:
Is it common for Costco to carry competing brands of motor oil in the same grade / type? Can't remember seeing two 0w-20 brands at the same time. Usually it's M1 AFE in that grade.

Originally Posted by NO2
You can get M1 AFE for $15 per jug after rebates, why bother with Costco oil?

Costco is $12.50 a jug less the hassle if a rebate. As l stated earlier, my objective is to find the cheapest readily available 0w20 oil that meets the requirements of Subaru. Costco oil goes above and beyond Subaru requirements. Why should l pay more for M1 AFE?

Originally Posted by NO2
You can get M1 AFE for $15 per jug after rebates, why bother with Costco oil?

rebates are over according to the web site

Originally Posted by Gebo
5w-30 was $29.99 in NC Costco last Friday. No 0w-20.

24.99 in central Florida also no 0w-20

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back