Costco Fuel is "Top Tier" Licensed... Pleasantly Surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by turbowhistle
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by y_p_w
turbowhistle said:
. I'm not sure how they handle the additive mixing process while customers are actively pumping fuel. I've never seen them shut off the pumps while deliveries were happening...

Additive is metered in at the pump. The equipment along with the tank itself (covered) can been viewed on site. IIRC it's approx 3' x 2' box.

Sorry, Not my quote!!

Had a problem trimming the nested quote and attributed it incorrectly. I would edit it if I could, but at this point I can't.

Interestingly, TopTier certification at least _used to_ require that the same level of additive be used across all grades at all stations, according to the TopTier website. I don't see that claim on their site any more.

Originally Posted by bulwnkl
Interestingly, TopTier certification at least _used to_ require that the same level of additive be used across all grades at all stations, according to the TopTier website. I don't see that claim on their site any more.

I don't recall that. I checked an archived version from Feb 2005. It said that all grades have to meet the Top Tier requirement, so it couldn't be just premium meeting the requirement but not regular. However, it didn't specifically mention that all grades are required to have the same level of additive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050204052640/http://toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

My local Costco has Suncor (PetroCanada) supplying their gasoline & Shell supplying their diesel.

Guess that's just who they have contracts with, makes sense about Costco having their own additives.

Not had a bad tank of either fuel yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back