Cost of Red Line oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you that have actually used Red Line, just how expensive is it? Given that it's all ester based, I suspect it's quite a bit more than Amsoil and Mobil 1.
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Bill J.:
$7.75 USC per quart

That's not as high as I was thinking. Is that the price for all grades?

Selected Red Line prices...

Motor Oils

5-30, 5-40*, 10-30, 10-40, 15-40 diesel, 15-50, 20-50 - $7.75 qt.
(*5-40 grade is obtainable directly from Red Line,((FedEx)) online sales and retailers don't seem to know it exists)

All Race Oils $7.75 qt.

I wish we had a Redline sponsor on this site to help the guys here get a good deal! If anyone is reading this who sells Redline, please sponsor us!! You could make a fortune in sales here.

I really attempted to be a Redline seller - actually I haven't given up. The problem is: I don't have a warehouse, I don't have the starting capital. So I'm forced to buy from one of two stocking warehouses in WA state. Makes no sense and no margin either....there are two middlemen.

A lot of people rag on Amsoil. Hmmm.....

What's interesting is that you can also buy direct from RedLine but their prices are more expensive then the dealers, I believe they want to funnel all sales through dealers. The $7.75/quart usually includes shipping. Lower prices can be found but will not include shipping so a lot depends in how close you live to a dealer. I have only purchased the gear oil.Becasue I live in an Amsoil distribution warehouse city I can get the regular 10W30 for $4.55/quart plus tax. No shipping required

[ February 07, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Spector ]

With the pref. account through Amsoil, and having a warehouse in Lancaster,Pa, I pay $4.55 qt for 10w-30. It takes no more then 2 days to get here. Can't complain. $11 a qt for Redline is too much for me and also overkill IMO. Although for high end racing it's probably worth it.
smile.gif

[ February 07, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
With the pref. account through Amsoil, and having a warehouse in Lancaster,Pa, I pay $4.55 qt for 10w-30. It takes no more then 2 days to get here. Can't complain.

Buster, What's the total cost per quart after shipping costs are added, and your $20/year fee?

I agree we need a source for Redline at reasonable prices.

2 reasons Redline is costly;

The POE base is expensive and that is why it is hard to get a deal on it.

They are a small company and can't give the breaks that others do.

Originally posted by buster:
$11 a qt for Redline is too much for me and also overkill IMO. Although for high end racing it's probably worth it.
smile.gif

The price is almost half that and I thought most people here are into "overkill". Redline has oil for racing or for the street. Of course I'd never race anyone on the street!!
nono.gif
Sorry, the punks in their Mustangs and Eclipses are too hard to resist.
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back