Cost of driving" Just Husband & Wife as only drivers. Insurance a year?

SammyChevelleTypeS3

$50 site donor 2023
Cost to insure Husband and Wife per year as only registered drivers in home. What companies do you use? I have been with Allstate for all insurance since 1982. I know guys who shop and jump from on auto insurer almost every other year. I also know some who did that until they had a claim and the cheapo companies put them thru hell for a claim check. How much do you pay for full coverage on (2) vehicles every year?

Last edited:
You can be with the same company for 40 years and go thru hell for a claim check too. Insurance companies have no loyalty to their customers.
LOL! I know just what you mean. Funny how car salesman get such a bad rap with a rep about being these shady characters when I have always thought insurance salesman were right up there if not worse than the car saleman. I have been lucky though and never really had to fight over any claim with Allstate. You know the saying "stuff happens." Well dont know how but with insurances we have been really lucky. I had a buddy who started out a diesel mechanic and someone lured him into sales and he actually became a top regional Chevy salesman and an insurance agent at same time and retired a very , filthy ( he told me shamefully) rich almost guilty man. He was blessed with the ultimate "gift of gab!"

Last edited:
About $31-3200 combined
We pay about $2100. Just got the bill in and the last few times I been thinking we could do better Yet I still cant find the same coverage for less so I need to accept it and be satisfied. Allstate and they always pay off claims instantly if we ever have any which is not often.
2009 Honda Accord Exl
2018 Honda Accord Exl

Cost to insure Husband and Wife per year as only registered drivers in home. What companies do you use? I have been with Allstate for all insurance since 1982. I know guys who shop and jump from on auto insurer almost every other year. I also know some who did that until they had a claim and the cheapo companies put them thru hell for a claim check. How much do you pay for full coverage on (2) vehicles every year?

An insurance agent just informed me that now insurance companies are taking a look at those who switch companies yearly and that may be a negative. After all-if there is a way to "beat the system" it is usually not possible to do so once the affected parties (insurance companies) figure it out. And they have a central data base and they know....

The wife and I are now with The Hartford. We pay right around $1,100 and change for full coverage on all 3 vehicles. The wife shops around every couple of years.

We have found that once you stagnate with a company for too long, they start upping the premium's.... Just like cable and satellite TV. Also no tickets or accidents for years. Plus we get a mileage bonus because we drive very little compared to most.

The wife and I are now with The Hartford. We pay right around $1,100 and change for full coverage on all 3 vehicles. The wife shops around every couple of years.

We have found that once you stagnate with a company for too long, they start upping the premium's.... Just like cable and satellite TV. Also no tickets or accidents for years. Plus we get a mileage bonus because we drive very little compared to most.
Sounds like you are paying a good / fair premium.

We're at $1340 a year for 3 vehicles. Two are "full" coverage with fairly heavy liability and light UI/UIM coverage. One old truck, liability only. Only one auto is listed for over 8500 mi/yr. Without the truck it would be $1100.

I've been with Erie since the '70's. Fairly large rate increase for 2023. It gripes me that the liability on the old truck is higher than the autos, for a vehicle that's driven about 2k mi./yr. Three years ago, I had the first claim in about 20 years, a small Comprehensive claim. Very smooth and easy claim. Last year, my wife had a light back-up accident, so we had a Collision claim. For what was a small pay out, especially after the $500 deductible, I got too much friction. Repair took months partially because Erie insisted on the garage using used parts that didn't exist. They eventually capitulated and paid a little more for new parts.

For the fellas paying $1100 for 3 vehicles, is this for 6 months?

I'm paying ~$3600/yr for the 3 Nissans in my sig. This is for my wife, myself and 21yr/old daughter on my policy. I also have two boys with learner's permits, age 19,17. There's no way I'll be able to put the boys on my policy. Not only cost, but liability.

Last edited:
been with state farm since the early 80's . never a problem with anything, rates are low for just me and wife

We're at $2200 for two cars.

I shopped a bit last year with the GABI tool but I really should get in touch with those that don't participate.

This is too complicated because it depends on your coverage amounts, deductible, etc.

My BMW currently runs around $1250/yr because State Farm just raised premiums. We're looking to modify this coverage in order to reduce premiums

$500 deductible,
Bodily Injury $100k/$300k
Property damage $100k
Uninsured Motorist
Rental car.
Low Mileage
Safe Driver

I make sure to not ask the wife what we pay… next month we will have two teen drivers…. If I add a fourth car I’m sure arm and leg pricing will be what it is.

Back