Cost for a GM dealership to offer a vehicle as a CPO unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it cost a GM dealer to offer a vehicle as "GM Certiified Pre-Owned"?

I'm looking at a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew SLT, with 25,000 miles on it. Unfortunately, the 3/36 bumper to bumper coverage expired last month.

The dealership is 100 miles away, so any sort of warranty offered through the dealership (such as 3 months/3000 miles) would be next to worthless.

The dealership sold it new, did all the the maintenance down to the oil changes, and took it in on trade on a new Sierra. I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't qualify for CPO.

Does anyone have any inside info as to what it costs a dealership to offer a unit as CPO? I may make an offer on the vehicle, contingent on it being sold to me as CPO. It would be handy to have the knowledge though, as to what that cost is.

I'm a long time owner of GM trucks but don't know dealership internal costs.
That vehicle would still come with power train warranty and emissions even longer ?

My father in law buys a new truck almost every year and somehow got it out of them how the CPO thing works. Gm gives the dealer allowances to recondition the vehicle. Small dings and paint and all the other reconditioning have set amounts that the dealers are paid to do. This is also the reason they will give you more money for something that hasn't crossed the 75000 mile mark that one that has 75001 miles.

Dealership can get up to a few grand depending on model. Some also made choose to throw in 500-1k if they are sure they can move it.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
The dealership is 100 miles away, so any sort of warranty offered through the dealership (such as 3 months/3000 miles) would be next to worthless.

How many dealers offer exclusive-to-them warranties ? They will either sell you a 3rd-party warranty or an extended warranty from GM (if available) or possibly make it a CPO vehicle. With any of those, they will work anywhere in the US.

I'd ask/wonder why it's not CPO already with such low mileage.

Dealership did all the CPO paperwork as we were buying our van. Which means they probably just checked what fluids they could, made sure everything worked real quick, and checked "Good" on more than a dozen boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back