Cosmetic tire fix---need your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDD

I have a fairly new set of Bridgestone Duelers on my Yukon. I noticed that there is a small (1/2 inch) cosmetic tear in the sidewall. Do any of you have any suggestions what I can put on this tear to seal it up so it doesn't get any worse?

I agree with Rob, tires are THE most important thing on your car. Take them back where you bought them and do not leave until you get a new one.

Agree on the picture. Some ability to take curb abuse is built into the sidewall, depending of course on how and where you hit it.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
How deep? Can you see the cord? Can you see the air?

Yes, the cord is visible. No air leak. It is about 2/3 inch long. I will get a photo posted soon.

Hope you have a road hazard warranty-I've had several LTs replaced using that (only at WM or Sam's Club, since they're the only ones that have commercial road hazard warranties).

Originally Posted By: JDD
I have a fairly new set of Bridgestone Duelers on my Yukon. I noticed that there is a small (1/2 inch) cosmetic tear in the sidewall. Do any of you have any suggestions what I can put on this tear to seal it up so it doesn't get any worse?

Cosmetic tire fix !! Would you call a bullet that nicked the heart a "flesh wound" ?? ...
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back