Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 with a Four-Door and an SUV

Is it really going to bring in more buyers? Corvettes still only appeal to a certain crowd. An old guy who would have gotten a Yukon will now get the Vette XL or whatever.

Is it really going to bring in more buyers? Corvettes still only appeal to a certain crowd. An old guy who would have gotten a Yukon will now get the Vette XL or whatever.
There is some thought that Corvette exists as a Chevrolet marketing tool. Check out that shiny Vette and then buy that Cobalt, or whatever, because they must be related, right?

As a Corvette owner this kind of rubs me the wrong way. I think the Corvette's really gained popularity in the 70's. GM production numbers were low and the Corvette's resold for high prices whether it be a 1953 or a 1972. Fast forward to today and you can buy very nice C4 Corvettes with low mileage for under $20,000. I just am not in favor of GM using Corvette as a name and making trucks or SUVs and other vehicles in order to enhance sales. IMO Corvettes should be 2 seat American made sports cars and leave it at that. Plus, Cadillac would suffer because people will pay more for the Corvette name. It is definitely a way for GM to make more money on PARTS.

Car and Driver: Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 with a Four-Door and an SUV.
If you look at the Porsche SUV's, they are very fast and handle great. Their styling is very much Porsche as is the quality. Will GM be able to mimick that??? I don't know. GM has disappointed for many years.

4 Door seems vomitus

But a 2 door AWD pick-up would be cool. They could call it the Ridgevette.

1670285435630.png

Chevrolet also produced the SSR which has been described as a Corvette truck.

Last edited:
That's my thinking and they will end up losing money overall.
I agree this being the likely outcome - but dont wish it so.

People think because I am pro Tesla I wish to see GM and Ford fail and that is simply not true.
I bash each company where they have it coming to them.

the only thing more stupid than that, is Dodge (ruled by the Euros at Stellantis, sad to say) dropping the Hemi. I predict that Mopar's traditional muscle car fans will open the hood, listen to the fake engine sound, and buy a gas powered Mustang or Camaro. They are killing an icon. Shame on them shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing more stupid than that, is Dodge (ruled by the Euros at Stellantis, sad to say) dropping the Hemi. I predict that Mopar's traditional muscle car fans will open the hood, listen to the fake engine sound, and buy a gas powered Mustang or Camaro. They are killing an icon. Shame on them shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!
A Mustang maybe, but I’ll sell off all my gas vehicles and power equipment for electric stuff before I pay a penny for a Camaro!

They are nuts for sure. The Hemi is what kept them in business the past decade. What else do they offer? The Dart? Their small engines are routinely disasters. Imagine a PT Electric

I don't think it will improve anything for them. Like someone posted above, Corvette isn't a trim level it is a well known heritage model, similar to Mustang. It would be like Jeep making a Wrangler edition for everything. Jeep Grand Cherokee Wrangler Limited.

Back