Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 with a Four-Door and an SUV

Well Ford did reuse Maverick with some apparent success.
There are plenty of other "horsey" names that Ford could have used. You know, just keep the theme going:
Appaloosa
Clydesdale
Stallion
and of course Pony.

Or they could have restarted one of their old themes:
Galaxie
Comet
Meteor. And even added a few:
Star
Stardust
Starlight
Jupiter
Venus
Neptune

Look at all the sports car outfit’s I posted doing this … Cry for help ?

I'm talking about brand dilution at the individual model level (e.g., Mustang, Corvette), not about car companies building SUVs in response to market demand. GM could have imagined a new, unique name for this upcoming vehicle family and left the name Corvette to its original, historically relevant meaning in the car industry: a two-door, two-passenger sports car. Imagine if Porsche had named the Cayenne "911 Highrider."

I see GM's decision as a cry for help because they're milking a legendary name for no good reason whatsoever.

There are plenty of other "horsey" names that Ford could have used. You know, just keep the theme going:
Appaloosa
Clydesdale
Stallion
and of course Pony.

Or they could have restarted one of their old themes:
Galaxie
Comet
Meteor. And even added a few:
Star
Stardust
Starlight
Jupiter
Venus
Neptune
"Clydesdale"
🤣

I'm talking about brand dilution at the individual model level (e.g., Mustang, Corvette), not about car companies building SUVs in response to market demand. GM could have imagined a new, unique name for this upcoming vehicle family and left the name Corvette to its original, historically relevant meaning in the car industry: a two-door, two-passenger sports car. Imagine if Porsche had named the Cayenne "911 Highrider."

I see GM's decision as a cry for help because they're milking a legendary name for no good reason whatsoever.
Yeah right

Just a contemporary version of the Aston Martin "shooting brake" of the 1960s.

1670007153504.jpeg

GM needs new leadership if that's the kind of thinking that is going on there.
How about bringing back the SuperSport or SS moniker for a high performance SUV ? And a four door Corvette is blasphemy.

The current Corvette design is hideous and looks like they took a 6th grader with basic knowledge of using a CAD program and told him to design a sports car making sure to add every stereotypical race car design cue. They are going to add two more doors to that ???

They would be better off spending what little money they have on getting a competitive EV on the market. I suspect they will sell a lot more of those than an all new SUV and 4 door Corvette.

This is what happens when the marketing guys run out of ideas.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that caused them to fall from relevance to begin with.

So now we have 5 versions of Chevy - Chevy, GMC, Caddy, Buick, and now "Corvette".

It will be interesting to watch the positioning of Cadillac.

Pretty sure they were sold through dealerships with warranties. I remembered seeing it in mags too. They sell for big $, 2 exist.

I was remembering America in the name, it was a company called Corvette America.

Last edited:
It's alright........ they already damaged the name with this Lambo look'n thing they have now

Remember when Chrysler tried this with the SRT name? That lasted 2 years. But for the love of god stop calling 4 doors “coupes”!!!!

“Look at our new 4 door coupe!”
“That’s a sedan.”

GM needs new leadership if that's the kind of thinking that is going on there.
How about bringing back the SuperSport or SS moniker for a high performance SUV ? And a four door Corvette is blasphemy.

Not a bad idea. They could market the SS just like BMW does with their M line.

I can just see the BMW fans cringing at the thought.

Good. Mary Barra and current management understand the importance and value of the Corvette brand better than the last 50 years of CEOs.

The engineers have been BEGGING for decades to go mid-engine - Mary Barra finally said yes. Now the C8 is the best Corvette ever, by far, and it’s not even close. It’s finally desired by markets outside the US, not just a cheaper, crappy alternative to buying a 911.

It was even at the point where the 6th gen Camaro was a BETTER car than the C7. That was just stupid.

The Corvette brand is extremely valuable. Long past time to cash in on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4WD
Back