Corvette SUV?! Not a fan if its looks.

What is a Urus?
iu

Lamborghini SUV.

Same concept as the Mustang Mach E. If Chevy was to come out with a new name for the SUV that was unheard of, no one would bat an eye, call it a “Corvette” and now the masses will flock and every soccer mom in America will want a “Corvette”. As much as car enthusiasts hate it, it will be a success for GM, especially since they are discontinuing the Camaro after the 2024 MY.

I can see another GM failure in the works, Lambo and Porsche have access Audi AWD technology which is some of the best in the world, what does GM have old pickup truck 4 wheel drive and crap AWD SUV stuff. The rear engine Corvette which I happen to like a lot was a move in the right direction IMO rivaling and exceeding the Euro competition at less than half the price but even that was too much for the purist, this is going to set their hair on fire or jump from windows with a rope around their necks.

IMO this is all about making Chevrolet a pickup company and creating another doomed to fail brand in Corvette. We are witnessing the begining of end of US car companies IMO.

Embarrassing - and for a great brand name too. And another generic SUV at that. The best explanation is GM must be getting desperate. Might be a good time to dump GM stock.

GM has some great brand names lying dormant. They could have called it a Pontiac, a Catalina, a Bonneville, or a Wildcat.

As I mentioned before, I was talking to a lady who had recently bought a "new Mustang" EV crossover/whatever. She liked it just fine except for its name. She thought it shouldn't be called a Mustang since it isn't a Mustang.

The front end is too much, rear is good. Fenders doors and quarter panels are unimpressive, need more lines or even a fake inlet. If it sells it sells, GM execs won’t care what hardcore corvette enthusiasts think.

I can see another GM failure in the works, Lambo and Porsche have access Audi AWD technology which is some of the best in the world, what does GM have old pickup truck 4 wheel drive and crap AWD SUV stuff. The rear engine Corvette which I happen to like a lot was a move in the right direction IMO rivaling and exceeding the Euro competition at less than half the price but even that was too much for the purist, this is going to set their hair on fire or jump from windows with a rope around their necks.

IMO this is all about making Chevrolet a pickup company and creating another doomed to fail brand in Corvette. We are witnessing the begining of end of US car companies IMO.

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. ^^^

Im still considering a new ZL1 before production ends.

Then put the blame on CEO Barra. The future of GM is her job, by definition.

it is supposed to be on the Alpha platform...so it could really perform...why wouldn't Chevrolet make a crossover/SUV to compete with other luxury/sport platforms...people thought the Porsche Cayenne would be the undoing of Porsche but it sells a lot allowing the money for the sports cars...

Bill

Back