Corvette literature & Parts collection

From my dad's lifelong collection. All Corvette.

Literature: Original owner's manual, sales brochures. Original 'Corvette News' owner's magazines. Price on request.

Parts: Huge lot of mostly used parts, mostly 63-82. Probably easier to discuss based on what you might be interested in. '67 427-435 3x2 Intake manifold, '67 15x6" rally wheels, ......

IMG_5604.JPG
IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5631.JPG
IMG_5711.JPG
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG

Dean,

You may want to contact the NCRS organization and speak with someone in a nearby chapter to appraise the collection for you. You can reach them at;

Those vent window frames are made of unobtanium and look NOS! Same for the 3x2 big block intake, even though it’s used. Primo $tuff for sure. Good luck selling it all.

That 68 Corvette looks very futuristic!! Beautiful!!
It was futuristic and waaaayyyy ahead of it's time. It is one of those cars who's design is still so appealing after all of these years. It was styled by Bill Mitchell (RIP) from the Mako Shark concept car.

Attachments

• Bill-Mitchell-Mako-Shark-II.jpg
    Bill-Mitchell-Mako-Shark-II.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 9
I recall the '68 being such a departure from the "by then familiar" Sting Ray (remember, Chevy was a sponsor of Bonanza so everybody knew the Corvette from commercials), it struck people silent.

Fun Fact; The new model body style was supposed to be introduced in the 1967 model year, but there were several development delays with the new C3 body design.

Fun Fact; The new model body style was supposed to be introduced in the 1967 model year, but there were several development delays with the new C3 body design.
Yep and that is also why only the 68 model has the thumb button to open the doors. Your 4 fingers went into the "door flap" while your thumb pressed the button to open the door....you pulled the door open with your 4 fingers. 69+ the door flap/pocket opened the door too. The design wasn't ready in time for 68.

Yep and that is also why only the 68 model has the thumb button to open the doors. Your 4 fingers went into the "door flap" while your thumb pressed the button to open the door....you pulled the door open with your 4 fingers. 69+ the door flap/pocket opened the door too. The design wasn't ready in time for 68.
Same with the ignition switch on the dash, and back up lights under the bumpers. Rear wiring harness was carry over from 1967?

deanm11

Interesting Corvette fact: Many years in the C3 vintage, Black was not an available color (70'-76?).. why? Because they factory body work seams would show through before the cars left the showroom and they could be hard to sell that way. Most restored Corvettes are done WAY better than Chevy ever did. I love the look of a fine Black '68 or '69.

deanm11

Dean,

You may want to contact the NCRS organization and speak with someone in a nearby chapter to appraise the collection for you. You can reach them at;

Thank you for this. I am an NCRS member and probably am equipped to appraise almost as well as the really involved NCRS guys. I've got so much volume in this collection, especially with the literature -- finding retail buyers for everything, I have a 50+ year supply ! If anyone likes the brochures especially, they are very reasonable in wholesale quantities, especially anything 68+. Let me know ! Thanks for the fun posts all. Here's a fun item - in 1978, for some reason, it became popularly available to buy retail the '78 Silver Anniversary and '78 Pace Car full size paper billboards. I have a new '78 Silver anniversary billboard for sale - around $200. Can be a good time for a large garage wall - think it's 10' tall. I could only find the picture of it in the wrapper.

Attachments

• Billboard.jpg
    Billboard.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1
I would put the parts on ebay as well as the brochures etc. Do not bundle them. I had 5 corvettes. A 69 350/350 hp roadster that was blue with a black interior and white top. It had a 4 speed manual transmission. I owned the car when I was 21. Then on to an 87 roadster, a 97 and 98 coupe and then on to the 2005 Corvette I bought new and still have.

True. The 67 is a low production year because buyers were waiting for the new car. The 67 has a clean look; fewer badges. 1st year of the Ralley Wheel, one year only 15x6. The drivetrain options for the 67 and 68 are the same. Early 68's used left over 67 parts, like the steering wheel.