Corvette eating a ferrari 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
onequick99,

I don't think so, the Corvette driver just had more guts to drive at a higher speed then the driver of the Ferrari, for all we know, the Ferrari driver just got the car and doesn't know how to drive the car.
Of course I think the Ferrari driver had more concern for the other people on the road then the Corvette driver, IMO.
rolleyes.gif

Bill

Actually the ferrari bill is 455hp at the crank and the vette is running almost 700 due to the fact that he's running a paxton s trim supercharger I will try to load another vid from the track he totally crushes the ferrari in the quarter mile!! Besides a bone stock $50,000 z06 vette is equally as fast as a ferrari from 0-150 pretty sad thats all you get for $250.000!

I will admit that their driving is very wreckless and could easilly kill someone!!

Don

I could go out on the highway right now and pass a ferrari or a porsche, or whatever. I have a Hyundai. On roads, it is all about who is willing to drive faster, not who can go or accelerate faster.

I'd like to see the cars compared on a track!

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's alright 99si; some people just can't accept the fact. I see it all the time at local drag strips/SCCA events. "But what if you modified the Ferarri"
rolleyes.gif
banghead.gif

That's the bad thing about ferraris you cant really mod them no one makes parts! And I had a 03' Zo6 heavily modded until I got married and had a kid now I'm stuck with a grocery getter (smack head)

Check out this vid it's a lightly modded mitsubishi evo VIII vs 360 ferrari I believe they are around $25,000.00 new and will hang with just about anything in the twisties AWD!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=7E35F4DB-44A8-4DBB-BB52-1EB04F585051&kw=26&p=2

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill:
onequick99,

I don't think so, the Corvette driver just had more guts to drive at a higher speed then the driver of the Ferrari, for all we know, the Ferrari driver just got the car and doesn't know how to drive the car.
Of course I think the Ferrari driver had more concern for the other people on the road then the Corvette driver, IMO.
rolleyes.gif

Bill

Drag racing is to racing as masterbation is to sex. Street racing is several notches lower than that.

Hey everyone is entitled to there own opnion but the fact of the matter is that a stock z06 will hang with a 360 modena ferrari street strip or track and for a price tag of about $200,000 less.

Sometimes the truth hurts especially if you own a ferrari
grin.gif

Ferrari is a Ferrari, period. Of course a loser that pays 1/5th of you can pass you.so what? The truth is the Ferrari is the idol, it is news that some car passes it.

Btw, I dont own a ferrari:)my car is $1k worth.

why am I defensive, I was racing with my opel tigra 4 years ago at my country with peugeot 206 gti,we were very fast. I was at the front, there was a opening for one car, I passed and the other car crashed the truck and 2 guys died at that moment. There is no even one single day that moment does not come to mind. I was 22 years old at that time..please dont do it to yourself or someothers....

quote:

Originally posted by znamya:
Ferrari is a Ferrari, period. Of course a loser that pays 1/5th of you can pass you.so what? The truth is the Ferrari is the idol, it is news that some car passes it.

Btw, I dont own a ferrari:)my car is $1k worth.

I say the loser is the person who pays $250,000 for a car that is no faster than a $50,000 car duh!!!

quote:

Originally posted by znamya:
why am I defensive, I was racing with my opel tigra 4 years ago at my country with peugeot 206 gti,we were very fast. I was at the front, there was a opening for one car, I passed and the other car crashed the truck and 2 guys died at that moment. There is no even one single day that moment does not come to mind. I was 22 years old at that time..please dont do it to yourself or someothers....

Well I don't street race and anyone who does is an idot! hint hint!! Just because I post vids of street racing doesn't mean I street race.

quote:

Originally posted by onequick99si:

grin.gif

I seriously doubt that the average Ferrari owner gives a rats rear end what some wanker in a Corvette thinks.

I'm saying that as a Corvette owner.

You'll never have the ***** replacement of a ferrari or a real porsche (non boxter) in a fast car. It might not be pretty, or have that "WOW, Ferrari" label on the front, but for $250k, if you actually want performance, you wouldn't waste your money on a 360 modena.
tongue.gif

The fact of the matter is, any car you build will be faster than some, and slower than others. It's just that some cars take to modifications well, and can be purchased cheaply.

With the same amount of $$ into an Evo8 as you would have into a 360 modena, or even a GT3, you would absolutely demolish them on a racetrack, both straight line and corners.

The difference is that at the end of the day, when you take your sweetheart out to dinner, you're not in a ferrari.
dunno.gif

I'd rather have the better car. I don't need a status symbol to pick up women.
wink.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by onequick99si:

grin.gif

I seriously doubt that the average Ferrari owner gives a rats rear end what some wanker in a Corvette thinks.

I'm saying that as a Corvette owner.

Yea well for the most part ferrari owners are stuck up ********, I mean that in the nicest way possible of course
grin.gif

[ August 15, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: sbc350gearhead ]

quote:

Originally posted by slugsgomoo:
You'll never have the ***** replacement of a ferrari or a real porsche (non boxter) in a fast car. It might not be pretty, or have that "WOW, Ferrari" label on the front, but for $250k, if you actually want performance, you wouldn't waste your money on a 360 modena.
tongue.gif

The fact of the matter is, any car you build will be faster than some, and slower than others. It's just that some cars take to modifications well, and can be purchased cheaply.

With the same amount of $$ into an Evo8 as you would have into a 360 modena, or even a GT3, you would absolutely demolish them on a racetrack, both straight line and corners.

The difference is that at the end of the day, when you take your sweetheart out to dinner, you're not in a ferrari.
dunno.gif

I'd rather have the better car. I don't need a status symbol to pick up women.
wink.gif
cheers.gif

If at the end of the day I was taking my sweetheart out to dinner in a ferrari I would kick my own azz for not spending the money on a better car
dunno.gif

I don't need a status symbol to pick up women. Funny I have a few friends who say the same thing and there single!

quote:

See onequicksi, I told ya it was coming. I knew it.
pat.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:

quote:

See onequicksi, I told ya it was coming. I knew it.
pat.gif

Yea I kind of new it was coming it always does, I guess I just like good old American muscle
patriot.gif

Not quite sure why everyone thinks ferraris are so fast sure they look great and have very good performance but the fact of the matter is that a bone stock z06 will easilly hang with a $250.000 ferrari at the strip or track! ferrari 360's 0-60 is aprox 4.1 sec a bone stock 405 horse z06's 0-60 is 3.9 I will post some vids of a stock vette racing a 360 ferrari they are basically tied.

I am also going to post a $25,000 mistubishi evo awd turbo smoking a 360 ferrari.

See for yourself
grin.gif

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=8147489A-D46A-408B-92D8-D344A64A65C7&p=0

[ August 12, 2005, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: onequick99si ]

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's alright 99si; some people just can't accept the fact. I see it all the time at local drag strips/SCCA events. "But what if you modified the Ferarri"
rolleyes.gif
banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back