Corvette eating a ferrari 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is not that you spend five times more for Ferry, but you also need to wait in line for months to get it.

Let's get real. Corvette is also an idol. Ferry is not an idol because it is red. If it is not fast it is not an idol, others are details.

On GP this year Corvettes were 5th and 6th while Ferries were starting at 13th! Both modified
wink.gif

We are all gearheads here, and all have our favorites. Cost or country of origin do not matter as much as how the vehicle makes us feel when we drive it.

If performance was the ONLY criteria, we would chose the street legal vehicle that will crush all the above, and do it for much less than $20K.

Of course, it would have only two wheels.....
grin.gif

I love Vettes and I love Ferrari's. I plan on owning a Vette someday. But, nothing captures attention like a Ferrari. Problem with the Vette is that it will always be a CHEVY.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by OMCWankel:

If performance was the ONLY criteria, we would chose the street legal vehicle that will crush all the above, and do it for much less than $20K.

Of course, it would have only two wheels.....
grin.gif

Like around $11,000?

It's not all about speed. It's also about style and prestige. Some people with big money just like to buy these kind of cars. They need something to do with their hard earned bucks. And that's quite alright with me. Those quarter million dollar cars puts beans and taters on workers tables.

Comparing a $50k Corvette to a $250k Ferrari in terms of absolute performance is stupid.

A 250cc shifter cart will kick both of their butts on a track.

Apples, oranges and bananas.

The less you pay, the faster your lap times are.

I’d never buy a chevy and think I have a world class car. That would be a joke.

"I’d never buy a chevy and think I have a world class car. That would be a joke."

The Corvettes are as coveted in Europe as the Ferraris, et al, are over here.

A Vette will set the average Italian back a bit more in most cases than a home spun Ferrari.

Ferraris are works of art, but have become a bit "old school." Not a bad thing--I love Harley Davidson's, and they're old school too. But they aren't the fastest or best handling machines out there either!
smile.gif

This all said, my favorite exotic is actually a Ford.
smile.gif
And the going rate is 200 grand or a bit over, so the snob factor is satisfied in that regard.

-

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back